Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Do Philatelically: Today Or Recently?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,586 / Views: 244,960Next Topic
Page: of 173
Pillar Of The Community
4486 Posts
Posted 02/20/2022   11:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
jleb,
re: page layout. Have you considered moving the descriptive text which is below each block to the uncrowded white space at the sides? In my opinion, intended only as constructive criticism, as it is, the layout distracts from the stamps.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
631 Posts
Posted 02/20/2022   12:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the reaction to the C11 page, John.

I believe I do like more text on my pages than the average collector. But more often than not, I am more restrained in terms of the amount of text that is above or below the stamps in this album. The example below is more typical when I manage to restrain my verbiage.

In this particular case, of the C11 & C11b page, I think if/when I redo the page (after buying the right doggone mounts), I would most likely stick all that text on the facing page. I haven't done that yet in this album, but in this and the case of the C23 page I have cooking, I think that may be my best route.

If I do that, I can collapse some of the pages, too. I do have to make some decision along these lines and appreciate the input.

ed to add: But the catalogue number, date, perforation, and such in fine print - those elements I like to see.

Edited by jleb1979 - 02/20/2022 1:00 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3490 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   07:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I mounted more Vietnam issues, scanned the pages, and decided to finish the identification of the remainder (all over 1980) that I will leave on Vario pages. I will add in Stamp Manage.
Al
Pillar Of The Community
4486 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   07:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jleb,

My comment was more about the positioning of the wording than the quantity, which is a personal choice. Your C11 page had extreme crowding AND considerable white space available, which was distracting to me, but it's your page.

On the Verville page you show, there is something amiss in the math on the imperforates. A "pane" (rather than a "sheet") has 50 stamps, thus 25 pairs. So if 75-100 pairs are known, then there would have been 3-4 panes which made it to the public.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
631 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   09:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, the quantity (of panes) on the Verville imperf is wrong.

Apropos of this imperf, a full pane was sold at last week's Kelleher sale, but it was damaged in various ways (paper adhered on the back, creasing to the plate block if I remember correctly) so that not all pairs coming off it will be truly MNH-OG. I assume it was purchased by a dealer who intends to break it for sale.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
56 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   10:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wshuwahere77 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Worked on filling a few spots to complete some collections in my album. Coincidence that they are presidents on presidents day? maybe? maybe not?

Kansas Overprints 1929

Washington Bi-Centennial

Pillar Of The Community
United States
672 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   10:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In my continued effort to work through years of accumulated albums, I pulled 4 US albums, a few loose pages, and some stock books to work on. The albums are a Scott All American, Mystic Heirloom (1893-1991), 1935 Thorp and Martin loose leaf Naribo and handmade loose leaf to continue the Naribo. The Naribo is cool but the pages are brittle/yellowed and incomplete. I am forming a used collection in a Scott All American and a mixed mint/used collection in the Heirloom. Both albums and extras will probably go into the trade pile but I am dreaming of the albums ending up with a "new" collector. There will be plenty of empty spaces or stamps to upgrade.
I realize this is not the most efficient use of my time but it is fun, good on the budget, and helps the cleaning effort.
Valued Member
United States
350 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   5:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Added 103 stamps to Indo-China from 1940 to 1947-ish, but ran out of 27mm mounts. They are on backorder and hopefully will get here soon. Now I will start India Convention and Feudatory states and mount as much as I can. I'm sure to run out of other mount sizes as well. I've emptied 27 packs of various sizes already this year.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3490 Posts
Posted 02/22/2022   06:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I recently ordered some more HAWID mounts. Dealer supplies are now low or out on many sizes.
Al
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6663 Posts
Posted 02/22/2022   07:29 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't know what postage would be like from Europe, of course

https://www.dauwalders.co.uk/100-ha...102290-p.asp
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
56 Posts
Posted 02/22/2022   07:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wshuwahere77 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I added this Duck Stamp to my collection - RW26.

I have a long way to go to complete those, I have 3 Duck Stamps.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6663 Posts
Posted 02/22/2022   07:48 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, you can almost hear the mallard saying "Thanks for saving me, Fido".
Learn More...
United States
10711 Posts
Posted 02/24/2022   4:26 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Drove over to Asheville to a local club members house to help her configure her computer to participate in Zoom club meetings and auctions (local club simultaneously supports both 'in person' and 'remote' members). Could not help her with a new Zoom account until I first fixed her email issues but got both working.
Don
Valued Member
United States
350 Posts
Posted 02/26/2022   10:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mounted India Feudatory States. Convention states next. Then Sweden and Switzerland which were laid out in December. After that, I know I need to do Egypt and Greece. Outside of South America, I'm not sure what else remains, perhaps Honduras.

Update: Mounted India Convention States. Total for all the states was 110 pages and 664 stamps. Break time!
Edited by NicholasC - 02/26/2022 9:24 pm
Valued Member
United States
350 Posts
Posted 02/27/2022   7:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mounted German States Baden and Bavaria. Only 2 stamps from Baden, but 215 for Bavaria, mostly MH which have very little value, but the sets are nice to look at. Also mounted eight German Lost Colonies pairs (I think I have almost a full set of singles somewhere), a short set of Hitler obliterations from 1945, and 60 Russian Zone Bezirk overprints.

Update: Mounted 54 German Federal Republic Semi Postal from 1949-1959 (Scott B309-B371). A few of the early issues have flaws, but most are in really good shape.
Edited by NicholasC - 02/27/2022 11:39 pm
Page: of 173 Previous TopicReplies: 2,586 / Views: 244,960Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.57 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05