Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Do Philatelically: Today Or Recently?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,493 / Views: 235,218Next Topic
Page: of 167
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35497 Posts
Posted 05/06/2022   11:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Finished unpacking my free gift (swap) with scf CALSTAMP.
Monograph : Belgian Precancels
The Cinderella Philatelist January 2022
The Private Post January Winter 1975
The Private Post Autumn 1975
Italy's Liberation Locals of WW2
Lots of Bogus stamps, cinderellas, hodgepodge and knicknacks

Life is good.

....and it just got better,
to the familiar sound of "Greensleeves"
the Icecream van pulled up out front.

I am always good for a sale...

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 05/07/2022 12:30 am
Valued Member
United States
203 Posts
Posted 05/11/2022   08:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Finished merging some envelopes into my album.

note: I know I don't have a U432A, when I realized what was in that space was clearly not U432A, I filled the mount with an albino 429.

Valued Member
United States
203 Posts
Posted 05/11/2022   08:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
more

Valued Member
United States
312 Posts
Posted 05/25/2022   5:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been re-organizing my International binders. I decided to put the pages in Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV ... thru Part VIII order, instead of by country. While doing this, I have removed all pages where 0 stamps remain for the country / entity in the individual part (except for Part I which is a full album of empty pages). I documented each country / entity that remains in each part so that I know what is left inside the "part" albums. I am also doing a final pass at removing remaining margin stamps so that all that remains in the albums are stamps in their correct spaces on the page. This also means that all of the stamps in the albums will be unique. One exception to the above is that I took the 11 larger South American countries and put them into their own album.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
197 Posts
Posted 05/25/2022   6:00 pm  Show Profile Check Chipshot's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just posted some additional Folded Stampless Covers on the site and on eBay.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
671 Posts
Posted 05/25/2022   8:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Gave in to a whim and started a collection of West Ukrainian People's Republic.
Valued Member
United States
312 Posts
Posted 05/28/2022   5:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Started counting unique stamps outside of my Steiner pages. Only 6 countries partially counted and already at 9243 stamps! Laying out classic Saar, Schleswig, and Thailand as I am still trying to complete the classic remount on Steiner. Have to reconstruct the Saar first OFFICIAL STAMPS page because the frames are too small all around. Bought another pack of women's headbands to hold my International albums closed (for stability).

And to edit my previous post, I meant to say the 10 largest countries in South America.
Edited by NicholasC - 05/28/2022 5:08 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7953 Posts
Posted 05/28/2022   6:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nicholas, if you want to or need to edit a post, you can do so easily. on everyones post is a series of small pictures. When you are the author of the post it shows three pictures with a small letter. The third one has a pencil in it. Click on that and you can change anything you want to. Easier and better to do it that way since it stays in the post that you want to edit

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3402 Posts
Posted 05/29/2022   05:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One cannot edit after 24 hours so looks like he was beyond the 24 hour limit. You would need an admin to fix it.
Al
Edited by angore - 05/29/2022 05:57 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7953 Posts
Posted 05/29/2022   07:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I am aware of this. But if you read these posts, this poster is "editing" very often. And it gets confusing. This was just to help him the next time,

Peter
Valued Member
Morocco
31 Posts
Posted 05/31/2022   05:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mohamedel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello
recently I finished a collection of Moroccan stamps from 1956 to 1984,
but unfortunately
I couldn't find a collectible Moroccan album on the market with an affordable price, so I decided to do it myself.
Is that what gave me the idea to share it with the phelatelists so I created a youtube channel from which I will be waiting for your comments.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=mMHb0bp_fNY
Valued Member
United States
312 Posts
Posted 05/31/2022   11:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mounted classic Saar, Schleswig, and Thailand. Thinking what to do next, I went with laying out what I have for German East Africa, German New Guinea, German South West Africa, and the German States. I printed Steiner pages for these even though some are covered in my German specialty pages. Then I decided to lay out the Germany 1N, 3N, 4N, 5N, 6N, and 8N occupation stamps. For these, I went with the specialy pages for used stamps and will be printing Steiner pages for the unused stamps which includes the Washington and London printings of the 3N group. Next up will be French Offices Abroad for which I also have specialty pages.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
607 Posts
Posted 06/01/2022   3:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mohamedel,

Your Morroco album is nice, very neatly done with good spacing to set the stamps apart for appreciation. It gives a rich impression. There does seem to be a bit of extra space at the left which might have been used for a few more stamps per page, but that is a minor quibble. Perhaps you did not need the added space because of the number of stamps issued per year.

I find myself wondering what software you used to generate your pages. I have used AlbumEasy for custom albums and for the custom and substitute pages which I frequently add to my regular commercially purchased album for regular United States.

I did notice in the close up of the album page that some of the stamp images inside the box outlining the stamp are not completely covered when you use a clear mount to position the stamp. If there is a setting to shrink the image of the stamp, it will help avoid a slight distraction to the stamp at the bottom perforation. I had to do this with with some of my pages after I noticed that I had no wiggle room when positioning the stamp in its mount into the intended box. In AlbumEasy it was a matter of reducing one number until I got it right and then I have never looked back.

Well done. I think you are right to be pleased with your considerable effort to make these pages. I trust you have found it enjoyable time well spent .
Thank you for posting your video.

- Jonathan
Valued Member
Morocco
31 Posts
Posted 06/02/2022   06:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mohamedel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Jonathan

Thank you for your remarks.
for the moment I only use Word and pdf. I searched at the beginning on the net I found a few years I took it as a model
and I continued the other years on word and printed them on PDF, after I printed them all on A3 paper and at a printing house I cut the papers and perforated them to put them in a DAVO album.
soon I will use AlbumEasy for other Album .
Thank you
Valued Member
United States
312 Posts
Posted 06/03/2022   08:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Decided to put used Germany to 1949 in my Scott specialty pages, so spent some time adding to those and removing unused. Will print a set of Steiner pages for my unused (mostly hinged). It's going to be a nice parallel collection. All other duplicate singles are already stored in a stock book. I have dozens of pairs and blocks of four as well, so I might create some pages for those.
Edited by NicholasC - 06/03/2022 08:54 am
Page: of 167 Previous TopicReplies: 2,493 / Views: 235,218Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05