Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Do Philatelically: Today Or Recently?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,538 / Views: 239,718Next Topic
Page: of 170
Valued Member
United Kingdom
23 Posts
Posted 06/27/2022   05:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add yorkie68 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Finally managed a little me time yesterday for the first time in what seems like an eternity. Sorted through a few hundred 40s/50s Finland commemoratives and pulled together a fair run of VFU of that period.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6550 Posts
Posted 06/27/2022   09:00 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not much. Trotted off to the post office/shop to send off this weekend's eBay stuff. Surprised that the place wasn't overrun by the Wimbledon hordes buying commestibles at normal prices, rather than being fleeced by the All-England Club.
Valued Member
United States
334 Posts
Posted 06/30/2022   9:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In Search of...

paper!

After a week or rechecking both my local Staples' for the paper I use (67lb cream cover stock) I decided to expand my search. I must have called a half dozen other Staples' locations within an 80 mile radius and luckily enough I found one that had the paper in stock. My wife and I drove 60 miles to Yonkers where I picked up 4 packs (125 pages each). Having been told there was also some about 20 minutes away in Mt. Vernon, we called them and they said they had 3 packs. When we got there... they said they made a mistake. It was kind of sad, but there was another store just 5 miles away in the Bronx that also supposedly had it in stock. Calling them, they said no, though I'm not sure they looked up the correct item. So we started to head home. Since we were in Mt. Vernon, the easiest path was back up the Hutchinson River Parkway to I-684. While on the way, we decided to call another store in Newtown, CT since it was kind of on the way home. Sure enough, they had another 4 packs, so we went there. It was wonderful. All in all, I purchased 1000 total sheets, getting $10 off each 4-pack purchase, too. All is good now. I should have enough paper for quite some time.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3430 Posts
Posted 07/01/2022   06:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I got back to thinking about doing pages for "A Stamp for Every Country" collection. I had refined a listing and close to 1000 spaces. This list includes significant postal administration changes including occupation issues. I have not decided the final layout but started getting information on pages to decide how to arrange.. I do not want it limited just to one issue as an example but allow space more than one.

I was going to include geographical location but noticed some countries do not fall neatly into continents such as Russia and the dividing line between Europe and Asia (some call it all Eurasia) and the line between Asia and Australia (e.g., Webber line) .

I am using John Knuden's Album Easy source code, located on AlbumEasy web site. for his ASFEC album as a base with format changes and more information.

Al
Edited by angore - 07/01/2022 06:41 am
Valued Member
38 Posts
Posted 07/01/2022   3:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tore99 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stopped by a local library branch to return some books and checked out the free book display - did not expect to find a Commonwealth catalog (coronation edition) and a 1957 book on King George V postage. Currently residing in a bag of cedar chips to offset the slight musty smell they had. Very cool!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8018 Posts
Posted 07/01/2022   3:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The AlbumEasy website is www.thestampweb.com

Peter
Valued Member
United States
334 Posts
Posted 07/03/2022   9:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mounted late 1960s "Dunes" stamps from Khor Fakkan, a city and enclave within the Emirate of Sharjah. Also prepared what "Dunes" I have for Sharjah proper.

Steiner pages exist for the above, but sometimes I need to make modifications, e.g. when I have singles rather than a strip. Trying to match the stamps to the pages takes a bit of time without a catalog.
Pillar Of The Community
501 Posts
Posted 07/04/2022   06:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing, except coming here like I'm reading the daily newspaper. I've vowed to avoid all auctions and purchases May to September, in an effort to offset summer vacation expenses. I still look but I'm not bidding on anything.
Valued Member
United States
24 Posts
Posted 07/04/2022   10:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gr1956stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Still moving US collection over to Scott National pages . Such a pleasure. No bidding but an occasional purchase if the price is right. Trying to get the Washington / Franklins identified ,as well. Happy Independence Day for all us Yankees !
Pillar Of The Community
United States
702 Posts
Posted 07/04/2022   11:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
from Khor Fakkan

That's one of those sketchy Trucial issuers no one covers except Michel, isn't it? Maybe sketchy isn't the right word, but it's what comes to mind.
Valued Member
United States
30 Posts
Posted 07/04/2022   4:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Capthickey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday, I got a used copy of Lester Brookman's three volume set on US postage stamps of the 19th century. Spent a portion of the 4th holiday thumbing my way through!

Valued Member
United States
334 Posts
Posted 07/04/2022   4:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@classic_paper, yes, it is. I discovered it while sorting through Sharjah and trying to identify with online resources. I don't have the Michel catalog, but the online resource (not permitted to mention it here) has been very valuable. Steiner started to provide pages for these not too long ago (perhaps 2 or 3 years). The only one I don't see pages for is Ajman, so I guess I will need to create them myself. That will be quite a bit of work.
Valued Member
United States
334 Posts
Posted 07/05/2022   12:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Printed pages and laid out my Scott catalogued stamps for Ajman, Fujairah (Fujeira), Umm Al Quwain (Qiwain), and Dubai. Printed pages and laid out the Dunes for most of what I have for Fujairah (Fujeira), Umm Al Quwain (Qiwain), Ras Al Khaimah (Khaima), and Dubai. I need to create pages for what remains. Created 7 pages out of about 20 or so that I need for the Dunes of Ajman and Manamar.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3430 Posts
Posted 07/05/2022   06:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
NicholasC, please post images of your custom pages.
Al
Valued Member
United States
334 Posts
Posted 07/05/2022   09:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@angore, I will when I mount the stamps. I can do a few pages today. Just to warn you, they are nothing special since they are modeled after Steiner pages. I haven't delved into creating anything more fancy.
Page: of 170 Previous TopicReplies: 2,538 / Views: 239,718Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05