Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Do Philatelically: Today Or Recently?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,538 / Views: 239,588Next Topic
Page: of 170
Valued Member
United States
333 Posts
Posted 07/05/2022   11:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are two pages for Ajman. I continued with Steiner design because it is simple and I think the stamps themselves are the art work. No need for fancy borders or fonts. Sometimes less is more.

I believe these are Mi # 85A thru 92A:

I believe these are Mi # 93A thru 102A:

The first image was a "photo" scan and shows the correct paper color. The second is a "document scan" and so the paper color didn't come through (except around the edges of the stamps). I will be sure to use "photo" going forward.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by NicholasC - 07/05/2022 11:20 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1430 Posts
Posted 07/05/2022   2:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trainwreck to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will be sure to use "photo" going forward.

Ah-hah! I think that's the cause of my problem.

Thanks,

Robert
Valued Member
United States
333 Posts
Posted 07/05/2022   10:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am sort of finished creating the Ajman pages I needed. Have 26 of them. However, I am reconsidering what I have done for the various sets of Nudes. The following are different methods.

The Venus set with the first 6 stamps as a block...

The Tiziano Vecellio set with the first 6 stamps separated...

I am really leaning towards the latter format. I'm pretty sure these stamps are worthless no matter if I keep the block together or not. I'm just looking for what looks better when they are mounted.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3428 Posts
Posted 07/06/2022   06:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting. I do not have many complete sets or know the sizes of many issues so a challenge to design pages.
Al
Valued Member
United States
333 Posts
Posted 07/06/2022   06:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm only creating pages for what I have (easy to measure), and most sets that I do have are complete or near complete. The online resource I use might or might not be accurate by way of stamps in a set, but I can say for certain that some size information it provides is wrong. Steiner might have the Ajman Dunes pages someday, perhaps already does. The Michel Gulf States catalog costs a bit more than I want to pay just to validate what I have.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3428 Posts
Posted 07/06/2022   3:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bill Steiner would create pages but he needs dimensions based upon my discussion with him.
Al
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
1667 Posts
Posted 07/06/2022   4:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received the 2021 edition of 'Valores en el tiempo.' It is the yearbook of Correos, containing its stamp issues for Spain and Andorra for the year. The book has 160 pages. The issues of both countries are described, and technical details have been provided. There are pages with a summary and first day of issue cancels. At the back of the bilingual version are pages with English translations of the descriptions. There are spaces and hingeless mounts for artists' proofs.

The packaging claims the book contains stamps with a combined face value over € 240. It cost less than € 200, including postage.

It comes with a letter explaining the change in the design of the book.

A few years ago, it would take more than a month before it was sent out. I once met Daniel Rodríguez Bester, director of institutional relations and philately, at a stamp show in London. He gave me his card and told me to write him with details of my order. He is quite quick in responding. I sent out my order just before going on a two-week holiday. Upon returning, my neighbour had taken receipt of the yearbook.
Valued Member
United States
333 Posts
Posted 07/07/2022   10:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
After a couple days off, got back to mounting the Dunes of Ajman. Just 1 more page to do, but I'm tired. It's the 25 small format, 5 each of Football, Olympics, Space Flight, Birds, and Mammals. I'll finish those tomorrow, the same for Manama, and then the rest of what I have for the Dunes. Is it fair to include all of these in my unique stamp count?
Edited by NicholasC - 07/07/2022 10:47 pm
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
Posted 07/08/2022   01:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LadyGrace to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was re-organizing my stamp and postcard collection yesterday. I outgrew my old storage and had to add a new box. Been a couple months since I was able to do anything with them so it was nice to sit down for awhile and play!
Valued Member
United States
333 Posts
Posted 07/15/2022   3:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Been away from stamps for a handful of days, but just started counting again. Up to 70000 unique with still an album full of Part V stamps yet to count (my part 5 and 5A pages spanned 2 binders and then some). Still need to count Part VI (2 binders), Part VII (2 binders), and Part VIII (1 jumbo binder), the 10 large in South America (from 1840-1973), and then U.S. stamps.
Valued Member
United States
11 Posts
Posted 07/15/2022   6:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tiger Dude to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Finally rebuilt my Scott International to 1959. Added 2mm craft foam spacers I cut and punched to the Vol 1, which I kept as is, and re-ordered Vols 2-4 by country. Vol 1 took 9 spacers, the other 3 only 2 spacers each, which I take to mean I'll outgrow the 3 binders for those year ranges soon enough. I took all the US pages out as well.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3428 Posts
Posted 07/16/2022   06:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Still playing around with page layouts for my AFSEC album.
Al
Valued Member
United States
333 Posts
Posted 07/16/2022   5:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Up to 79770 unique after counting rest of Part V (combined 5 and 5A) and all of Part VI (combined 6 and 6A).
Valued Member
93 Posts
Posted 07/16/2022   8:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris s to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Spain and Andorra stamp yearbook looks enticing!!!!

For myself, got the Ukraine warship stamps plus a few French stamps showcasing visual artists -- I prefer the ones focusing on 20th century but France offers many riches!
Also got a few old US stamp yearbooks at discounted prices. Quite a bit of fun to go through them. Found some sheets and individual stamps I decided to keep for my album and only a handful. for postage. Unfortunately or fortunately, I am now committed to getting the US stamp yearbooks from 1999 - 2010 to have all of the Nature In America sheets and the various goodies that can be found in the commemorative stamp issues during this period. The main surprise I find is how expensive the yearbooks are from some sellers starting about 2004/2005 issues onward (and forget anything after 2010 -- seems double the original issue price or more is the norm). If anyone knows of dealers offering older stamp yearbooks at good prices, please share!.
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
1667 Posts
Posted 07/17/2022   02:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@chris_s

This is a picture of one of the pages for an Andorra issue. At the back of the book is the English translation of the text.

I first bought the 1998 edition as a souvenir of an inland trip in Spain. That became kind of a tradition. Nowadays, I order them from filatelía of Correos. They are impossible to find in post offices. I, frequently, visit Spain. Usually, I visit post offices to buy stamps to stick on postcards to friends - my lady friends love to receive postcards -. But even in Spain, the post office has become more of a payment office for public services than a place that sells stamps, I just send an email to one of the filatelía staff and arrange how to pay. They then sent it.

Edited by NSK - 07/17/2022 02:53 am
Page: of 170 Previous TopicReplies: 2,538 / Views: 239,588Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05