Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Do Philatelically: Today or Recently?  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 76
Valued Member
United States
24 Posts
Posted 10/09/2018   7:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scholarist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The last few weeks I'v been removing stamps from '35 International Junior, filing them on stock pages.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
409 Posts
Posted 10/09/2018   9:29 pm  Show Profile Check 91stang's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 91stang to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm heading to SESCAL on Saturday!
Valued Member
Learn More...
Australia
105 Posts
Posted 10/09/2018   10:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cobie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Entered new acquisitions to my collection of "Baroque horse breeds" ( that is, horse bred for a number of centuires as riding horses and/or coach horses, like the Lipizznaer from Austria, the Andalusian from Spain, Lusitano and Alter Real from Portugal, and Friesian from Holland, to mention the most important breeds) to my "catalog" - I list each by breed, and by date issued, adding info on cancels and cachets where needed, and of course, of each item, a scan. Although I should really do it immediately, I tend to get catalog numbers and prices only once a year - those lazy days arround Christmas are good for that, and add and update as needed.

And to-day as well I need to go to the post office in a minute to collect a registered item, always a surprise although most likely to be another addition to my collection of monkeys and apes on stamps (some of which you may see under the Topic "Going Ape")but it could be another horsey one (I got interested in Baroque horses as a result of a tour of European studs although my own horse is a warmblood; but I have ridden and much enjoyed, Sapnish and Portuguese horses but in Australia they are few and rather expensive).
Pillar Of The Community
1838 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   01:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting, Cobi. I was on the Lipica (Slovenia) stud farm (origin of the Lipizzaner bred)just two weeks ago and I didn't found anything postal or philatelic-related. Just to point that "lipica" means small lime-tree (Tilia europaea) in Slovenian, and that the bred origin are the old Karts horses.
Valued Member
United States
40 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   10:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BrotherSquint to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I sorted through some recent acquisitions for my first flights collection. Lots of commemoratives featuring the flight of the Southern Cross.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2888 Posts
Posted 10/11/2018   12:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm heading to SESCAL on Saturday!

Same day that I will be there. Enjoy!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1914 Posts
Posted 10/13/2018   06:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We lost power for 18 hrs due to the hurricane but broadband Internet has not returned. We have to resort to old school watching TV over the air. A generator has been nice.

I have been migrating stamps from a purchased album to my collection. I also gave up on keeping spares on Vario sheets last night. They are now going into glassine envelopes since I just have too many except for versions I invested time to identify (watermark, etc).

Al
Edited by angore - 10/13/2018 06:34 am
Valued Member
United States
40 Posts
Posted 10/13/2018   5:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BrotherSquint to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I spent time mounting some definitives from the Marshall Islands on some Steiner pages. I got the whole set- except for the 50 cent value which somehow escaped my stockbook. So almost, but not quite complete (sorry for the marginal quality).

Pillar Of The Community
1732 Posts
Posted 10/13/2018   6:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I unpacked my new set of the 2019 scott catalogs, added up a bunch of 102 cards, bid and won a nice US 9 at the Schuyler auction and figured my bids for Schuyler's Sunday session.
Learn More...
5467 Posts
Posted 10/13/2018   6:29 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Got the new Stamp Smarter t-shirts in today...

Since I will never have this stamp at least I now have the t-shirt!
Don
Pillar Of The Community
1732 Posts
Posted 10/13/2018   6:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! I have got to get me one!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
801 Posts
Posted 10/13/2018   7:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You mean this stamp?

Learn More...
5467 Posts
Posted 10/13/2018   8:04 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes indeed.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3620 Posts
Posted 10/14/2018   07:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been working on completing my US and Canadian Collections and making progress on both of these. Most of what I am missing is beyond my budget. I am also sorting and cataloguing my stamps from Spain, I should be ready to start hinging these in a couple of weeks.

Dianne
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Valued Member
United Kingdom
398 Posts
Posted 10/14/2018   08:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DavidR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This last week have been moving my Czechoslovakia and Hungary collections into a new, tidier stock book, and cutting them back to stop at 1960.
Also had a great buy at a general auction yesterday, picked up a nice boxed two volume set of the Stamp Catalogue of China 1878-1949 by Shiu-Hon Chan for a superb price.
Looking forward to checking out my Chinese collection for varieties!
Regards
DavidR
Page: of 76 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.79 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05