Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Do Philatelically: Today Or Recently?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 91
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4229 Posts
Posted 05/24/2019   08:08 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Because it was forwarded, I take it.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2890 Posts
Posted 05/24/2019   11:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Prepared 45 items for sale through the APS Stamp Store. Will ship tomorrow.

I have had better success with the online store than with the circuits, and it is a better use of my time. I have been avoiding eBay for selling. The thefts ('lost" in the mail) are not frequent, but still they are an an annoyance.
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
Posted 05/26/2019   10:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add waddsbadds to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maiden, those are beautiful pages, but did you notice that on the page with the Olympic stamps, on the second line of text, you misspelled the word "World", you left out the letter "l". Also the word "Olympic", not the one in the banner, but the line of text just above the 3d stamp (you stuck in an extra "i"). I know, I've done it often enough, myself, carefully typed up a page of text for my Art Deco album, arranged the stamps neatly and symmetrically, and as soon as I open the rings in the binder, notice I've made a typo. It's infuriating both from an esthetic point of view and from the fact that the sheets cost me about 20 cents apiece!
Edited by waddsbadds - 05/26/2019 10:27 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
246 Posts
Posted 05/27/2019   04:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Maiden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well first thing on the agenda today will be fixing the typos spotted by waddsbadds on my Olympics page :)
Valued Member
United States
186 Posts
Posted 05/27/2019   12:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add howell1018 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I went through my Philatelic Foundation certificates to determine how many are from 2006 or later and ungraded as I might take them up on their special to reissue graded certs for $10.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2649 Posts
Posted 05/27/2019   1:06 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For four days last week, I sorted through roughly 29,000 worldwide covers of all types in to groups by country or region. I'll have to sort them into actual auction lots later.
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
Posted 05/27/2019   2:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tgswanner to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Added a nice Great Britain 57 rose plate 1 and 57a pale rose plate 2 to my album today. Going to spend the holiday updating my database and going through some miscellaneous 'piles'. On this Memorial Day I thank those who served, those who continue to serve and those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for freedom.
Pillar Of The Community
1948 Posts
Posted 05/29/2019   02:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bought three lots of Swiss "Pro-juventute" and "Pro-patria" charity stamps ("semi-postals" in US)in internet for good prices. Looking forward for them to arrive.
Edited by Cursus - 05/29/2019 02:51 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
12 Posts
Posted 05/29/2019   08:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add yorkie68 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Spent an enjoyable Bank Holiday Monday afternoon sorting through a few hundred early 1920s Yugoslavia issues, no great value but still filled a few pages nicely.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
260 Posts
Posted 05/31/2019   09:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steevh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1. Bought 2 boxes at auction, so another 20 albums (25+kg.)to sort through and prepare for sale on eBay.
Best finds so far were a Gibraltar George V 5/-, and Hong Kong QV definitive made valuable by having a Crown CC watermark.

2. Went to AGM of local stamp club. A very interesting exhibition of pre-stamp GB postal history. Something I knew very little about. The speaker even had an antique blunderbuss used by a mail coach guard.
Valued Member
43 Posts
Posted 06/02/2019   7:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add axc77 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Went to the ASDA today in New York. I don't spend much, but I try to go and pick up a little something every time it comes around.
Valued Member
Ireland
155 Posts
Posted 06/07/2019   07:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FitzjamesHorse to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A lot of kiloware, a suitcase full on the train last night.
I have not sorted it yet but it looks promising, especially western Europe and ex French Africa.
There will of course be a lot of duplication so a lot will end up in the incinerator.
Valued Member
Canada
388 Posts
Posted 06/07/2019   12:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tackled some of my early German this week. Trying to consolidate down from 3 albums into 1, which involves some sorting, ID work and deciding which is "best". Nothing outstanding discovered but finding lots of nice little surprises in the process. Not sure what to do with all the loose once that's done, perhaps look to dip my toes in the selling end of the marketplace.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3725 Posts
Posted 06/08/2019   9:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
'
Three days at NAPEX; one of many happy faces.

Clever move: the exhibits open at 0800, two hours before the bourse opens at 1000.

APS 'Town Hall' meeting was informative & hopeful; I suggest we stop dying.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2455 Posts
Posted 06/09/2019   05:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I suggest we stop dying.

Can you explain the comment?
Al
Page: of 91 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05