Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Do Philatelically: Today Or Recently?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 91
Valued Member
United States
110 Posts
Posted 07/13/2019   4:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today I spent an hour or so going through a recent lot I bought on eBay. It's a mix of packets, some mixed countries, some with stamps from a single country, and some containing multiple copies of a single stamp.

I foresee many hours of fun ahead sorting and getting to know this lot.

Dale
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United Kingdom
258 Posts
Posted 07/14/2019   04:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steevh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today I'm off to a new auction. Its only 10 miles away, but because its Sunday, the bus stops at 5pm. And the auction doesnt start til 3pm, so it looks like I might be having a long walk with a heavy rucksack if I buy any box lots.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1589 Posts
Posted 07/14/2019   10:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Novato would like this: I'm working on my Machins! I now have the Deegam 3rd edition handbook, a magnifying glass, a UV lamp, a darkroom, and piles of off paper Machin kiloware. All I need is some knowledge. It is quite bewildering.

Jack Kelley
Valued Member
United Kingdom
258 Posts
Posted 07/14/2019   10:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steevh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I went to my auction. Plenty of box lots, but nothing I saw worth walking 10 miles for, so I left early.
Valued Member
United States
313 Posts
Posted 07/14/2019   2:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ecmorgan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This past week, for the first time oddly, I delved deep into the resource that is Stamp Smarter website. Printed out their stockbook/Vario labels and have been using the to reorganize my collection of newspaper stamps.
Member American Philatelic Society & American Topical Association
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1217 Posts
Posted 07/15/2019   1:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trainwreck to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Completed going through an APS British Pre-Elizabeth sales circuit. Made some purchases--now I'm in the identify phase.

Robert
Valued Member
United Kingdom
258 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   07:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steevh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Spent two days to sort out my West Berlin collection into a 32-page stockbook. Had about 6 fat envelopes of off-paper material to sort.
Quite a good collection -- but it should be better. I think I have quite a lot of the valuable early 1950s commems on cover some place, but no idea where.
At least now I have a clearer idea of what I'm missing -- mainly semi-postal sets, of course.
Stockbook has 7 empty pages at the end, so also will have to think what to put in there. Maybe Saar? or Danzig?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1786 Posts
Posted 07/16/2019   09:46 am  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The APS show is coming to me here in Omaha in a couple weeks. I've been reworking my want lists and trying to catch up on my backlog of needed mounting.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
12 Posts
Posted 07/18/2019   12:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add yorkie68 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Spent a few hours sorting through hundreds of early 20th c Yugoslav issues and managed full used sets of the 1926,1928 and 1931 King Alexander issues..well worth the effort.
Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
Posted 07/19/2019   6:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Was getting frustrated with all the little packages of mounts spread everywhere on my desk while working on Cyprus pages.

So organized my mount strips by size with dividers in this handy little sewing table box I had. Now I won't mess up the different size strips together or try to fit them back into the silly little packages they come shipped in. Quite pleased with the result.

Valued Member
United States
186 Posts
Posted 07/19/2019   6:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add howell1018 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I bid on a mint U.S. #313 in an auction. I'm the high bidder (so far). That will complete the set if I'm successful.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1097 Posts
Posted 07/19/2019   11:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bought two sheets of the new 50th Anniversary of Moon Landing US stamps.
Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
Posted 07/21/2019   11:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Decided my custom pages needed country title pages, so here's the first attempt. Wanted to keep it simple and clean, like the pages. Pretty pleased with it.

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
62 Posts
Posted 07/21/2019   11:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rascal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I really like your Title page. For my collection I've just been using the country name and then a blowup of one of their stamps or sometimes a copy of one of the old airlines travel posters. The map and flag are probably better choices.
Valued Member
52 Posts
Posted 07/23/2019   11:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add profgreeley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Spent the weekend recataloguing my stamp collection (around 500 or so stamps) in a spreadsheet, and designing index cards, with national emblems and coats of arms, for each of the countries and their changing forms of government.

Now I must wait until the new supplies I ordered arrive, and am trying to resist the temptation to purchase more in the meantime!
Page: of 91 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05