Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Do Philatelically: Today Or Recently?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 103
Pillar Of The Community
United States
625 Posts
Posted 01/31/2020   09:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DJCMHOH to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Angore I jusl like to have the catalog info so that depending on where on the internet I might buy from, I can know what stamps I need.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
APS #173088
Valued Member
Ireland
215 Posts
Posted 01/31/2020   11:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FitzjamesHorse to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dublin yesterday. New issue ...the annual "Love and Marriage" stamp. It will only be available in booklets or as a pair to collectors.
Also left some postcards to be date-stamped today and sent to Scotland and myself as a commemoration for today.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1594 Posts
Posted 02/01/2020   8:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mike33 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Finished breaking down an album purchase for my Big Blue - went from 15,121 to 15,338 stamps in it
Valued Member
27 Posts
Posted 02/02/2020   11:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BrentAbba to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Spent about two hours and scanned my usa album into pdfs. No more making want lists, now I can check against actual stamp images when shopping at a show.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
496 Posts
Posted 02/02/2020   11:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I mounted my US stamps from 1964 - 1965, and I used my watermark kit, allowing me to see my first US watermarks.
Valued Member
United States
46 Posts
Posted 02/03/2020   10:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ursa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This week, I got back into transferring my entire collection onto Steiner pages. I've been working country-by-country in alphabetical order.

I took a break from this once I reached the fluorescent-tagged Canadian issues, as I didn't have a UV lamp and didn't want to have to remount improperly-attributed stamps once I got the lamp.

It's been a fun learning experience. I learned how to detect phosphorescent tagging as well as watermarks as I worked from Canada to Czechoslovakia these past few days.

Attributing tagging was actually a lot of fun with my new dual-wavelength UV lamp. I bet it'll get quite a workout when I dive into the pile of Machins once I reach Great Britain.

Another observation: I really love the classic Czechoslovakian stamps. Filling the empty spaces will likely get top priority once the album transfer is complete and I give myself permission to start acquiring stamps again.
Edited by Ursa - 02/03/2020 10:40 am
Valued Member
Ireland
215 Posts
Posted 02/03/2020   11:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FitzjamesHorse to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1...took my British album out of the EU Collection and into the non-EU Collection.
2...Brexit related postcards sent from Dublin on 31st January arrived today.
3...made some videos on You Tube, which proves I have the perfect face for radio.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4693 Posts
Posted 02/03/2020   11:32 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Snapping into action there! Do you also have an "EU-pending" of applicant countries?

Years ago, I gave a talk about trade policy to a visiting group of mature/postgraduate students from Texas. When I finished and asked if they had any thoughts, several of them said that if I ever wanted a job on Texas radio, it was mine for the taking. Not telly, you notice!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6705 Posts
Posted 02/03/2020   12:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Someone on the radio mentioned last week that Brexit was now official. He suggested the USA apply for membership in the EU since there is now space open!!

Peter
Valued Member
Ireland
215 Posts
Posted 02/03/2020   12:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FitzjamesHorse to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think the flag pole is being retained for Scotland
Pillar Of The Community
United States
625 Posts
Posted 02/04/2020   06:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DJCMHOH to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Night off from work so made page inserts for Sungei Ujong (Gibbons treats it as precursor to Negri Sembilan, and as Gibbons is my primary Malay-area catalog, I follow its organization.

Making the pages was easy, figuring out which Scott and Michel numbers equal the Gibbons numbers was more of a challenge, as Gibbons lists a heck of a lot more overprint varieties compared to Scott or Michel.

Small philatelic entity, will only need one and a half pages of Vario 6S stock pages to house, though given the catalog values of most of the items, most of the spaces will likely remain "aspirational" unless I win the lottery.
APS #173088
Valued Member
Netherlands
226 Posts
Posted 02/04/2020   12:34 pm  Show Profile Check Ricky93's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Ricky93 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm trying to get a good sorting method for my Dutch stamps.
Furthermore I've received the February issue of "Filatelie" (philately) magazine.
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
Posted 02/04/2020   9:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Walkman82 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today, I added recent acquisitions on the Updates page of my website. Have been buying a lot of PNCs recently as many of the items I'm missing have been more readily available. I've also spent some time recently adding commemorative pages and now have them up to 1960. During my available downtime in the few weeks, I'm hoping to extend that to the mid 1970s. The definitives still only go to the Liberty series, but I have plenty of Prominent Americans and Americana issues to add as well. Maybe I'll find the time to do all that before I start my doctoral dissertation class at the end of the month.
Plate Number Coil Collectors Club (www.PNC3.org) Webmaster

Visit my website @ www.scottsstampcollection.com
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
496 Posts
Posted 02/04/2020   10:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mounted more US stamps.

Checking out some of my Mexico Stamps and about to dig into these to try to ID them and use my watermark kit.
Valued Member
United States
46 Posts
Posted 02/05/2020   4:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ursa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Continued mounting Czechoslovakia stamps yesterday and today. I've now worked up to the 1986 issues. Should be done tomorrow when I wrap up the Postage Due and other BOB material...
Page: of 103  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05