Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Stamps Of Bhutan.

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 5,698Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35818 Posts
Posted 10/06/2016   6:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rod222 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Part History : Mr. Blair Stannard. Canada.

Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35818 Posts
Posted 10/06/2016   6:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Optimism.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35818 Posts
Posted 10/06/2016   7:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

New collectors of Bhutan, will find they are plagued with "short sets"
meaning, incomplete sets, having only the low values available, are common,
When purchasing, try and secure a complete set, including all values, preventing the otherwise purchase of multiple and duplicate stamps.

"Lenticular" set, Man in Space.

Nearly impossible to stick on an envelope / cover, and does not accept any postmark, which simply washes off.

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35818 Posts
Posted 10/06/2016   7:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

The World's first "scented" stamps ?

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35818 Posts
Posted 10/06/2016   7:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bhutan Revenue 20 chetrum.

Normal Sc#1344 4nu on 10 chetrum

For a stamp issue, with only 1000 printed, current Sc# CV is a mere $9
Sc#1347A

Edited by rod222 - 10/06/2016 7:31 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35818 Posts
Posted 10/06/2016   8:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Interesting note: Bhutan 1997-2000 with Steiner Pages, show just a few stamps spaces, nearly all emissions were in Sheet Form.

Insects and Arachnids.

Apis laboriosa smith.
Neptunides polychromus.
Conocephalus maculctus.
Blattidae.
Dytiscus marginalis.
Dynastes hercules.
Hippodamia.
Sarcophaga haemorrhoidalis.
Lucanus cervus.
Caterpillar.
Lycia hirtaria.
Clytarlus pennatus.
Ephemera denica.
Gryllus campestris.
Deilephila elpenor.
Gerris.
Agrion splendens.
Tachyta nana.
Eurydema pulchra.
Hadrurus hirsutus.
Vespa germanica.
Pyrops.
Mantis religiosa.
Araneus diadematus.
Atrophaneura.

Steiner Page 4a and 4b

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2019 Posts
Posted 10/07/2016   12:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheArtfulHinger to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice collection! I've always been fascinated with this tiny little country. In terms of geography and culture, they don't get much more exotic than this from a Westerner's perspective. I'd like to have more stamps of Bhutan and I'm sure I will someday. I don't necessarily care for the more gimmicky stamps but I don't exclude them, either. Part of the reason I'm not crazy about stamps like the holograms and records is that storage or mounting can be an issue - some of them are just too thick to do much with - they don't fit (or stay put) well in stockbooks, for example.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35818 Posts
Posted 10/07/2016   05:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!
I thought I would be yodelling into the abyss, with these.
Reactions similar as to when you have parsley on your teeth.

Kudos to you for braving the forum with your support.

Certainly an acquired taste, but I feel the emissions are as cute as I hold the people of this wonderful country.

Anyone slightly interested, I would highly recommend this Video.
A beautiful film.

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35818 Posts
Posted 10/07/2016   11:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Short Sets - Bits and Pieces.

Steiner Page 10

Steiner Page 17

Steiner Page 22 Yeti / Abominable Snowman.

Steiner Page 23

Rest in Peace
Canada
5701 Posts
Posted 10/07/2016   4:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I really like the insects Rod, nicely cancelled stamps from Bhutan are not very common.
BeeSee in BC
"The Postmark is Mightier than the Stamp"
http://brcstamps.com ---- BNAPS, RPSC, APS
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35818 Posts
Posted 10/07/2016   7:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Brian,
thank you.
I wish that were true, my feeling is they are all CTO, not that there is anything wrong with that, but not indicating genuine service.

With Bhutan's attention getting issues, one would think the corollary would be to offer
decent postmarks for collectors, and thus improve their marque.
Sadly it appears not the case.

Genuine cover service, Linoleum (my description) embossed stamp, of paintings1972 (Paul Gaugin's White horse) on cover.
Standard postmarks from Thimphu, barely recognisable.

Edited by rod222 - 10/07/2016 7:55 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35818 Posts
Posted 10/07/2016   8:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Steiner Page 52 Pheasants.

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35818 Posts
Posted 10/07/2016   8:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Steiner Page 29

Scouting thematic.

The Expo issues, feature the contrast of cultures.

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35818 Posts
Posted 10/07/2016   9:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From the film "Travellers and Magicians"

Set in a small mountain village in Paro, Western Bhutan.
wiki

The Post Office
Stationmaster still using telegraph key. (Morse Code)

Post Office counter, cancelling hammer, and mail from San Francisco...........

Edited by rod222 - 10/07/2016 9:13 pm
Valued Member
193 Posts
Posted 10/10/2016   5:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add soccerfan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I own the 1966 Snowman set and the 1989 Mickey Mouse set. I've trekked in Nepal; quite a contrast in stamp design between the two Asian countries.
Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
Posted 10/29/2016   11:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ananthveerappan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't collect Bhutan ( Mainly India, US and France)... But got some decent pages of Bhutan

Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 5,698Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05