Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Stamps Of Syria.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 4,005Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
3324 Posts
Posted 02/06/2019   3:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder how many of those monuments are still standing today……...
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1199 Posts
Posted 02/06/2019   6:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It was mostly Palmyra in which the ancient buildings were destroyed by ISIS. In other Syrian cities, although destruction has been great, it has been more in the residential & commercial areas. The Great Mosque in Mosul was destroyed as well, but that's in Iraq.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
161 Posts
Posted 02/07/2019   06:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add crispinhj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting stuff, thanks to both of you for sharing Rod and Geoff
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35180 Posts
Posted 04/01/2021   12:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Syrian Revenues.
A fairly clumsy attempt at ID
Any corrections welcomed, 1 or 2, may even be Postage Stamps.

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1722 Posts
Posted 04/01/2021   01:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The last 2 on the right say 1983. The 7 would be the other way up.

Did you see this?

https://www.revrevd.com/syria-syndi...arities.html
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35180 Posts
Posted 04/01/2021   01:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Thanks Jill,
Not seen that page before. Bravo!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35180 Posts
Posted 01/16/2022   11:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Syria : Aleppo
Postage Stamp Dealer
Georges Nahhas.
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1089 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   01:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, as always, great pages and stuff!! Thanks for this thread. Although Syria is one of Israel's neighbors, I don't have a lot since the political situation. In my mythologies of the world collection, only one page:

Second and last page from Syria is a page from my French colonies album, with a set od landscapes from the French Mandate for Syria:

Maybe I have more several stamps and covers here and there, but not much. I am waiting a set of Alawite State I just purchased, and will show it once received.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35180 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   02:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks Eli,
always enjoy your contributions, albeit this time, unable to read the text

Keep 'em coming.

From Geoff's cover
ouvert par l'autorité mail (Opened by Mail Authority)

Pillar Of The Community
France
2212 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   09:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rod.
"Ouvert par l'Autorité Militaire" (opened by military authority)
Edited by vayolene - 01/17/2022 10:05 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35180 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   10:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Aha! again, thank you Vayolene,
I thought I could read "Milt" or similar.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35180 Posts
Posted 02/23/2022   10:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Syrian Postage Stamps Overprinted.
Listed Scott Under ALEXANDRETTA now ISKENDERUN
"Sandjak Alexandretta"

WIKI
Edited by rod222 - 02/23/2022 10:54 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
513 Posts
Posted 03/22/2022   8:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting thread, as usual, there is a lot of good reading here.

From my own WW block collection, here is an item for the topic:

Linus

Pillar Of The Community
United States
936 Posts
Posted 03/23/2022   01:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I collect Lebanon, and although not the same country, the parallels are profound. I have considered printing up a set of Steiner pages. Early in this thread, there are views of Postal Tax stamps and Military stamps on your Steiner pages. Are these categories of stamps standard fare on Steiner pages?? Or did you make them up yourself?
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35180 Posts
Posted 03/23/2022   01:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Block Linus.
First time seen.

Quote:
. Are these categories of stamps standard fare on Steiner pages?? Or did you make them up yourself?

Hi MM
Yes, Steiner Pages
I usually notate "Steiner Page..." etc

and for my own pages "Personal page...."

Note: I have permission to share pages from Mr. Steiner,
I try not to abuse the privilege,
but for small number of pages, I can send / email them to you
if you so wish.

Edited by rod222 - 03/23/2022 04:20 am
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 4,005Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05