Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canada Stamps : On Steiner Pages.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26648 Posts
Posted 01/31/2019   10:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

A classic cover from our SCF member, Dianne Earl
Thanks Dianne,
Stamps coming your way...............

100 years on, this cover will be well sought after.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3722 Posts
Posted 02/08/2019   11:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad it arrived safely Rod.

Dianne
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26648 Posts
Posted 03/03/2019   06:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Sales Information:
I have won 1 auction lot, from 10 (which is about par for the course for me..on a budget)

A couple of recent lots I lost.

SOLD $17

SOLD $9

8 Beavers SOLD $3
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26648 Posts
Posted 03/13/2019   05:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
May I solicit opinions please.
I take this as a Wrapper Sc# W29A brown kraft
Yet Unitrade do not mention the "19-38" in the lower corners.
Thanks.
scanner has left a yellow moire line.

Edited by rod222 - 03/13/2019 05:22 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26648 Posts
Posted 03/25/2019   2:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Observations:

Sc#2126 self adhesive, ink migration from 1974 stationery.

Presume new adhesive? Bestine will not release these with this perf style.
Perhaps now water based.
Sc#2241

Exists with missing blue and/or yellow
Would that mean the green? or do I have incorrect catalogue number?
Sc#1191
Edited by rod222 - 03/25/2019 2:38 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26648 Posts
Posted 04/18/2019   12:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Canada scare.
Received today, all contents fine, could not see any damage
Anyhow, thanks Canada Post.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26648 Posts
Posted 07/19/2019   8:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If any member has the following PDF
would they kindly offer me a scan of the appropriate page please?

Canadian Aerophilatilist (VOLUME XX , NUMBER 4) 2004

Regarding "BCM Airfield"
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
660 Posts
Posted 07/19/2019   9:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dianne Earl, nice bear cover. You sent Rod222. You should put the new issue of canadian bears, due July 24th, on the same cover and mail it to yourself. Would be great in a thematic collection.

Regards, Mike

Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
394 Posts
Posted 07/20/2019   10:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add itma to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Canada scare.
Received today, all contents fine, could not see any damage
Anyhow, thanks Canada Post.

A couple of years back I sent two packages of stamps by regular letter post from Canada to Australia at the same time - one to Perth, the other to Sydney. Both arrived scrunched up and looked as if they had been dropped in a dirty puddle. I contacted Canada Post and they reimbursed me almost the full value of the stamps plus postage.

I tried to find out from them what their Quality of Service is, eg one damaged letter per 10,000 but they didn' t Seem to want to share that information.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1201 Posts
Posted 07/20/2019   11:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For Rod22

Your's appears to be blue-gray above the bottom greenish trees. Unusual!

1191c - Missing yellow

1191b - Missing blue

1191iii - Partial missing colour
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6369 Posts
Posted 07/20/2019   11:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rod, nice Canadian posts, as always.
Regarding your wrapper it's true Unitrade doesn't mention the date stamp on the die, but they kinda do, indirectly. Very indirectly!
Just before the first George V wrapper issue (PB13) there its a note which reads, 'For description of Dies I, II and III see note above post card UX26'. Now, all that will really do is lead you to the postal card section. The designs look to be identical. Above the George VI postal card UX66 is a note 'Die dated "19-38" or "19-42" in lower corners.'
I've certainly had my issues with Unitrade in the past, and have corresponded with the editor about them. He was quite responsive, though didn't agree with me. Regardless, a similar note above the George VI wrapper design would certainly not go amiss. Maybe you should drop him a line and suggest it. It's certainly details such as that that make a difference.
Edited by jamesw - 07/20/2019 11:58 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26648 Posts
Posted 07/20/2019   6:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Blackjag,
thank you for those scans and descriptions, saved.
I had about 40 of those on 1 cover, overlapped, could only save the top stamp, "Un-do" releases self stick stamps, but when stamps are overlapped, gum from the top stamp, remains on the stamp underneath, so one has to discard all stamps beneath.

James,
thank you, if you care to drop me an address, happy to send a note to the editor.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6369 Posts
Posted 07/20/2019   7:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Message sent Rod, with the editors email. Good luck

Also, let me add regarding you note to Blackjag (hi Paul!) that I've found that Canadian self adhesive stamps will come of with a simple soak in warm water. No fancy chemicals needed.
Edited by jamesw - 07/20/2019 7:24 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26648 Posts
Posted 08/16/2019   4:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

A Tribute to Maud Lewis (Nova Scotia)
and, The celluloid "Maudi"
A cinematic masterpiece, if you don't shed a tear, in this one, you have a heart of cement.
Sally Hawkins (GB) Bravo! Ethan Hawke chapeau.
Best acting I have ever seen.

Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.02 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05