Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

John Ash Imprints - Show Yours

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 67 / Views: 8,516Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
726 Posts
Posted 03/04/2018   10:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add itma to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's an image of the dot at the top and bottom of the stamp.

This was posted previously at:

http://goscf.com/t/51767&whichpage=24

There is also what looks like a guide line in the upper stamp. Note also that there is a bit of variability as to where the dot appears above the 'R'. Some time ago, I had asked members to submit images of any stamps they have with the dot so that a better idea could be had of the range of this variability but there were no takers. It does seem, however, that it can be as far left as the gap between the T and the R.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5844 Posts
Posted 03/04/2018   10:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cjd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Australia
5 Posts
Posted 03/09/2018   08:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Slash to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Didn't see this one here:
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3698 Posts
Posted 03/09/2018   10:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's an image of the dot at the top and bottom of the stamp.

Thanks for the example in that link. It looks like the guide dot can be pretty far away, so it may be very difficult to find in individual stamps. I'll keep looking.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1997 Posts
Posted 04/08/2018   10:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jubilee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1931 SG139 Air Mail

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1997 Posts
Posted 04/08/2018   10:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jubilee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1934 3d Victorian Centenary SG148a (perf 11), partial imprint with two examples of the Flag flaw
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1997 Posts
Posted 04/08/2018   10:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jubilee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1938 1/4d Deep Magenta SG175a with flaw on first A of Australia on the top left stamp
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1997 Posts
Posted 04/08/2018   10:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jubilee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1931 2d Kingsford Smith SG121

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1997 Posts
Posted 04/08/2018   10:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jubilee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1935 3d Silver Jubilee SG157

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1997 Posts
Posted 04/08/2018   10:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jubilee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
John Ash imprints are also found on regional issues. Papua 1937 Coronation SG154-7

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1997 Posts
Posted 04/08/2018   10:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jubilee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1941 2d bright purple SG185

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3698 Posts
Posted 04/08/2018   10:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice items, Jubilee. I didn't know about the regional issues.
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
Posted 04/13/2018   6:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add displaced_hippie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's my small contribution, just getting into Australia. Looks to be a Scott 116 MNHOG if I'm mistaken please let me know I always like to learn something new!

-Willie

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3698 Posts
Posted 04/13/2018   7:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looks to be a Scott 116

I think you are correct. Nice partial imprint block. Glad to see that you have joined the rest of the Australian collectors.
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
Posted 04/13/2018   7:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add displaced_hippie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I couldn't help myself, I really like NSW and have a decent mass of them then I started dabbling in the other states and now I'm really liking the Australian pre decimal so far...
-Willie
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 67 / Views: 8,516Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05