Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Another Great Ebay Listing...

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 3,023Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
686 Posts
Posted 11/21/2016   5:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add alub to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
"rare 1 cent Ben Franklin stamp green no preforation on top or bottom straight"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/rare-1-cent...AOSwImRYKE04

Only $20,0000

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4709 Posts
Posted 11/21/2016   5:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There are so many listings on eBay like this. Sad but I guess an attention getter and a greedy dream gone amok.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8086 Posts
Posted 11/21/2016   5:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, at least this guy will ship for free!

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8108 Posts
Posted 11/21/2016   5:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All three of his stamp listings are "rare" items.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
515 Posts
Posted 11/21/2016   5:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Newby Stamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"rare" really!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2033 Posts
Posted 11/21/2016   5:32 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wanted so badly to message this guy and tell him to stop embarrassing himself. Sellers liker this know nothing bout stamp collecting or even that there are catalogs and an established pricing and grading system. Having done this on other such listings and getting replies as clueless as the listing itself I won't bother.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
783 Posts
Posted 11/21/2016   5:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revenuermd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think we should inundate the seller with inquiries. I composed the following inquiry and sent it off a few minutes ago.

Hi. I am new to stamp collecting and seek information. What makes this such a valuable stamp? I recently bought some stamps at a local stamp bourse that look like your stamp and based on your buy it now price, I may be sitting on a fortune. How do I tell the difference between your stamp and the ones that I bought (the person at the bourse sold me 100 for $2.00? No kidding. He must not know what he is doing.

I eagerly await your response. I hope at least of few of mine match yours.

Best regards,

Morey N. Sherwood
Ron Lesher
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6394 Posts
Posted 11/21/2016   5:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
He's not only a dreamer with his stamps he's a dreamer with almost everything he has listed. Check out the Dr. Seuss books that are a dime a dozen that he's selling for $75.
My favorite is this beat up crappy JC Penny receiver that he's asking $600 for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JC-Penny-vi...AOSwo4pYH9ia

Edited by stallzer - 11/21/2016 5:57 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6664 Posts
Posted 11/21/2016   5:59 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, all of his offers are of utter tat - not sure why he decided to make the stamps even more expensive than the ancient videos though.
Learn More...
United States
10717 Posts
Posted 11/21/2016   6:09 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I see this listed as one of his previous sales - PAMPERS Vintage Rare DIAPER and package lot 20 diapers plastic/cloth98/00size6XL Sold for $229.99

Vintage and rare Pampers? 'Come look at my diaper collection'?? And sometimes I think twice about telling people I collect stamps?
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7239 Posts
Posted 11/21/2016   6:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Preforation" brings me a smile every time I think about it. I once knew a good old country boy whose son wore some Indian "mox-a-kins".

Comedian Norm Crosby made a career out of mispronouncing words
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1611 Posts
Posted 11/21/2016   7:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mike33 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was going to comment on the diapers too LOL.

Don beat me to it

Pillar Of The Community
United States
783 Posts
Posted 11/21/2016   8:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revenuermd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I sent the same inquiry on another of the same person's items

http://www.ebay.com/itm/rare-1-cent...291941560415

Here is the response I got -

"Im not sure im not much of stamp collector either but I was told rhese were rare and its something to do with the preforations and size of them and if there cancelled and so on. There is a lot of differnt variables of these stamps some worth a lot some worth a dollar. I figure a stamp expert will offer fair price thats why its best offer. Sorry and thank you"

not much of a grammarian either.
Ron Lesher
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4042 Posts
Posted 11/22/2016   12:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Offer him 5 cents. It may not be worth that much, but I'd love to see him put a 47 cent stamp on the envelope.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3490 Posts
Posted 11/22/2016   05:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The seller only needs to find one person to make money.
Al
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1948 Posts
Posted 11/22/2016   06:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Almost all of his feedback scores are as a buyer. Hardly any as a seller. Wonder why?
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 3,023Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05