Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Stamps Of Australia : On Steiner Pages.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,690 / Views: 140,582Next Topic
Page: of 113
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33077 Posts
Posted 09/07/2021   5:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Missing any Packages ?

Australia Post van stolen in inner Melbourne, packages missing.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09...ne/100442206

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33077 Posts
Posted 09/07/2021   5:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Also........

Australia Post to pause parcel pick-up for three days with 500 staff in COVID isolation
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33077 Posts
Posted 09/14/2021   9:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Joy at last, managed to secure ROBSON LOWE
Encyclopaedia of British Empire Postage Stamps
Volume lV
Australia
Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
Posted 09/14/2021   9:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rdavid to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Can you comment on spelling of Autralia on cover? I am the proud owner of volume V on North America. As a young man of 20, Robson Lowe took me and a traveling companion of mine on a picnic as a favor to my father, Ralph Kimble, who was a friend of "Robby", as he called him. 1956 summer. Cucumber sandwiches, as I recall.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33077 Posts
Posted 09/14/2021   9:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As a young man of 20, Robson Lowe took me and a traveling companion of mine on a picnic as a favor to my father, Ralph Kimble, who was a friend of "Robby", as he called him. 1956 summer. Cucumber sandwiches, as I recall.

Wow! you lucky fellow.
I know very little about Mr. Lowe, only that he is an absolute legend in Philately. I have been outbid on his catalogues at auctions for years.

I also thought the name Kimble was familiar, but nothing in my database.

Quote:
Can you comment on spelling of Autralia on cover?

Not sure what you mean, perhaps AUSTRALASIA ?
If so, I know it as Australia and New Zealand, but can also include other Islands and Melanesia.
Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
Posted 09/15/2021   12:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rdavid to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, that is what I thought about Australasia.Thanks. My Dad was editor of the American Philatelist in the late 30's and again after WWII, in which he served in Europe and Japan. There is a nice thread about him on this forum. He also wrote "How to Collect Stamps" and "Commemorative Stamps Of the United States." He had a major collection of philatelic literature. We had to have large jacks put in our house to hold up the upstairs where his books were stored. No kidding. Collection was sold in several auctions by Sy Colby in 1953. Good memories of a fine man.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33077 Posts
Posted 09/15/2021   01:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fascinating.
Possibly where I had read the name Kimble, prior.

Rare occurrence where son follows father, in hobby.

The previous thread
Mr. Ralph Kimble.
http://goscf.com/t/31856 br /
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33077 Posts
Posted 09/15/2021   05:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Domestic $1.10 Issues, Pigeons. 2021
Have not sought out the appropriate Bulletin as yet,
The SCREENING in the value tablet, and Australia looks COARSE in the White Headed Pigeon

Click image to enlarge.
Edited by rod222 - 09/15/2021 05:22 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33077 Posts
Posted 09/17/2021   12:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Linn's Stamp News.
Western Australia.
OS Punctures, and WAPEX.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33077 Posts
Posted 09/17/2021   01:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Australia Post Drivers to Strike. (24hrs)

In the most recent financial year, Australia Post reported a record group revenue of $8.3 billion, up 10.3 per cent, and a profit before tax of $100.7 million.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09...rs/100470000

Stench of Grubby exploitative Amazon
Edited by rod222 - 09/17/2021 02:02 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33077 Posts
Posted 09/18/2021   8:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Phoenix Auctions today,
CINDERELLAS just blew me out of the water !
Unbelievable prices.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33077 Posts
Posted 09/19/2021   04:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Not seen before
Parcel Postage Indicia on a standard envelope, containing one stamp
All I can think it's for Tracking ?

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33077 Posts
Posted 09/23/2021   07:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OUTBID
...and I really wanted this one.

AUSTRALIA DAY July 30th

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33077 Posts
Posted 09/24/2021   11:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Non-Philatelic.
Not much stamping today, FOOTY GRAND FINAL

Go the MELBOURNE DEMONS!

Cazaly (St Kilda player many years ago)

g68asPZ4RKQ

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3733 Posts
Posted 09/25/2021   12:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod. My daughter got some free tickets to that game. Being from Perth, though, means that her local team didn't make it. Oh well, she will have loads of fun, I'm sure.
Page: of 113 Previous TopicReplies: 1,690 / Views: 140,582Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05