Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Stamps Of Australia : On Steiner Pages.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,810 / Views: 149,419Next Topic
Page: of 121
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
784 Posts
Posted 12/07/2021   06:04 am  Show Profile Check 64idgaf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 64idgaf to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184592098902

He's offering the book at $US59 post paid, world-wide.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35171 Posts
Posted 12/08/2021   2:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks John.

Western Australia
Telegraph Stamp.

Edited by rod222 - 12/08/2021 2:50 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
513 Posts
Posted 12/09/2021   10:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much Rod and fairdinkumstamps for the information and links on TPO cancels. Lots of great reading on that link FDS, it answers many more of my questions, and is much appreciated.

Linus
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35171 Posts
Posted 12/16/2021   6:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Outbid
Picture Postmarks (Pictormarks)
A tour de force !
SOLD $217

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35171 Posts
Posted 12/17/2021   06:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Revenue Stamps.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35171 Posts
Posted 12/17/2021   06:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
513 Posts
Posted 12/21/2021   7:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice revenues, Rod, I have two of the stamps above, but many of those I had never seen before.

Scanned below is a cancel, I cannot figure out the town. Does anyone know it? At first glance, I thought it was "CHRISTMAS HI" but I think not.

Thanks in advance,
Linus

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35171 Posts
Posted 12/21/2021   8:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Linus
had me stumped
CHRISTMAS HILLS

Await a scan for details..........

Santa gave me these, take your pick

Christmas Hills owes its name to an emancipated convict and shepherd, David Christmas, who became lost on a 640-acre (2.6 km2) grazing lease in the area in 1842, and was found after days of wandering at a rise which was subsequently named after him. The area was considered to have poor quality soil, although nearby settlers earned an income from chopping firewood in the sclerophyll forests.

Christmas Tank must have been a silly name,
So, some time or another, the powers to be, decided to give it a
mature, respectful, and elegant name CHINKAPOOK. (First Nations name, meaning "Place of red earth")

Chinkapook is a locality in Victoria, Australia, located approximately 67 km from Swan Hill, Victoria. It is on the Robinvale railway line, 70 km south of the terminus at Robinvale.

The Post Office opened on 12 September 1910 as Christmas Tank, was renamed Chinkapook in 1914 and closed in 1974

Edited by rod222 - 12/21/2021 8:24 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
513 Posts
Posted 12/21/2021   8:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Rod, interesting story. You have a lot of towns down there with Christmas in the name.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35171 Posts
Posted 12/21/2021   8:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed Linus,
we also have CHRISTMAS ISLAND
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35171 Posts
Posted 12/21/2021   8:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Australia...shame on you !
Poor fella, my country.
200 injured or massacred.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12...re/100718840
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3890 Posts
Posted 12/21/2021   9:05 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One of the big issues I had to deal with in the early 90's was with Kola groups after working with these groups doing massive revegetation plantings in wildlife corridors in suburban areas that were once Kola habitats.

The big issue was bring Kolas back into populated areas with cars, dogs etc being the issue we had to resolve. It was not an easy issue to deal with because of the very strong emotions involved. The end result was we all had to admit we got it very wrong and a refocus was introduced to replant bushland areas to help support per acre Kola populations.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35171 Posts
Posted 12/23/2021   02:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Victoria Australia
Cinderella : Charity Seal.

Australia
Shell Petroleum Passport stamps for Montreal Olympiad 1976

Fanny Blankers-Koen
In 1999, she was voted "Female Athlete of the Century" by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF). Her Olympic victories are credited with helping to eliminate the belief that age and motherhood were barriers to success in women's sport
Edited by rod222 - 12/23/2021 02:57 am
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
1483 Posts
Posted 12/23/2021   03:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Francina (Fanny) Elsje Koen, married name Blankers-Koen.

Her nickname was "The Flying Housewife."
Edited by NSK - 12/23/2021 04:38 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35171 Posts
Posted 12/24/2021   4:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cinderella 1940
North Queensland : UGLY MAN Contest

(Lucky I wasn't around, I would have bolted it in)

The Townsville Daily Bulletin
Friday, November 15th 1940.
Edited by rod222 - 12/24/2021 4:19 pm
Page: of 121 Previous TopicReplies: 1,810 / Views: 149,419Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05