Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Seller Not Shipping Until After Christmas  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
996 Posts
Posted 12/13/2016   2:26 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message
I won this auction this week:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11173019564...AMEBIDX%3AIT

This was intended to be a Christmas self purchased gift for my wife to give me. Note the listing has the 'Get it by the Holiday' blurb.

Got a message from the seller last night, he is travelling nd will not ship until at earliest 12-28. Perhaps not a big deal but wouldn't you think he could have mentioned this? I asked for a refund and he now says he will try to ask a family member to mail it for him. Not holding my breath.

Perhaps not s major deal but very annoying. Comments?
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 12/13/2016   2:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add geosafe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Several times I've bid on auctions where the seller has specifically mentioned in the listing a delay in shipment which is only fair IMHO. It would be truly annoying indeed to not find out until after the purchase.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
630 Posts
Posted 12/13/2016   2:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add yakboomer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, if it is not shipped until after Christmas, I would certainly reflect the seller's poor performance in his feedback.

regards, TR
Valued Member
Canada
318 Posts
Posted 12/13/2016   3:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dutchman1948 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, definitely leave appropriate feedback if you don't get it before Xmas.

Also, if it shows up after Xmas, make sure when you leave feedback, you answer the question did it arrive on time as No

Edited by dutchman1948 - 12/13/2016 3:43 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
918 Posts
Posted 12/13/2016   5:56 pm  Show Profile Check duncanvr's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add duncanvr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Seller should have put his shop in holiday mode to let bidders know he is away and to expect a delay. False advertising if he stated 'Get it by the Holiday' a very bad practice by seller. Rate him poorly in his feedback.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4296 Posts
Posted 12/13/2016   6:38 pm  Show Profile Check Petert4522's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Something could have happened suddenly, like a death in the family and he/she does not want the whole world to know about it.
By the way, this "Get it for the holidays" comes up on every item I click on. It has got to be something eBay is putting of there.

Peter
Edited by Petert4522 - 12/13/2016 6:40 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
996 Posts
Posted 12/13/2016   8:18 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In his reply the seller said 'This is a formatted listing I have been running over a year'. OK, and...? If you're gonna be gone and unable to ship within time limits tell your prospective buyers. Unless of course you don't really care when they get what they ordered and want to keep piling up sales while you're on your trip. How much effort would it have taken for this guy to insert a comment into his listing?

I will wait 48 hours then message him for status on the offered mailing by a family member. If still up in the air this weekend I will again ask fr cancellation of the transaction. He has good feedback. If he's done this very much I don't know how he avoids getting dinged for it.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
958 Posts
Posted 12/13/2016   8:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stamps, he has a 100 percent favorable feedback. Maybe you can give him some slack?

Jack Kelley
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
535 Posts
Posted 12/13/2016   9:08 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
He should have changed his handling time if he wasn't going to ship until after Christmas. Changing handling time is easy to do, I do it all the time. The items I sell on Wednesday have a 5 day handling time and my Thursday items have 1 day and no one seems to care. When I went on vacation I used a 30 day handling time for people that didn't pay until I had left and it worked out fine.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
996 Posts
Posted 12/15/2016   11:38 am  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Too often on here and other forums, someone posts about a seemingly negative experience then fails to come back and update to a positive result.

I have received notice of shipping on this item with deliver by next week.

I suspect this just did not occur to him. When alerted, he clearly made every effort to accommodate me. Nice outcome. I still think he ought to have adjusted his listing but perhaps he will now. Thanks to those replying.
Edited by Stamps1962 - 12/15/2016 11:38 am
Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 12/15/2016   12:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add geosafe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the update - glad it worked out well.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  Scott Master Canada Album
  US 3138 Imperf Bugs Pane
  Need help with Canada Pre-Stamped 8 cent 1970's Postcards collection
  Somebody got a good deal
  Swiss postage stamp scott #332
  SCF Staff Response Time?
  Is this Trinidad cancel fiscal?
  George V 'Downey Head' Perfin PDN (transatlantic PO)
  Tsarist Russia Stamps [Need Help]
  Ready to start mounting stamps
  Colour shades on newish stamps to.
  Cape of Good Hope : Stamps etc.
  Which one to choose from 3C. 1857 -61
  Spanish American War patriotics and revenue usages.
  Great Britain Scott #65?
  Bulgaria Aquatic championship 1985
  Swedsh coil scott # 319a
  UK 1971 strike post to US via France
  How do you accurately measure such small dimensions
  hole-punch or page protectors?
  Recently Acquired Examples of Scott 24
  RB1 & RB2 paper differences?
  Image Optimizer Help
  George v. Any interest
  Mexico - 5 Classic Stamps

Natural straight edge color lines.
  Austro-Hungarian (Austria-Hungary) Empire Postmarks
  Odd postmark on Luxembourg - TPO?
  2017 pentagon finance USPS cancels on back of envelope, free
  Bi-nation Revenue: Belgium and Luxembourg
  The Stamps of Australia : On Steiner Pages.
  Value for Specimen overprint on NSW #67?
  Let's see your most recently purchased stamps
  Need help with Canada Pre-Stamped 8 cent 1970's Postcards collection
  Isle of Man : Her Stamps on Steiner Pages.
  Zeps-king of the skies
  Great Britain : Postmarks.
  Science-Fiction/Fantasy Stamps
  Camels on stamps?
  Egyptian Themed Stamps
  Which one to choose from 3C. 1857 -61
  Recently Acquired Examples of Scott 24
  Today's challenge: spot the "better" stamp in this lot.
  Somebody got a good deal
  need help to find value and if are good or rares stamps
  APS and ATA to Co-Host 2018 Stamp Show
  Cape of Good Hope : Stamps etc.
  Swiss postage stamp scott #332
  Rare 1922 Russia #B18a major error
  US 3138 Imperf Bugs Pane

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.54 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05