Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anchor Stock Pages - Any Good?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 2,833Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
345 Posts
Posted 01/06/2017   11:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ekbustad to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am seeing on eBay several vendors selling Anchor-brand stock pages. These appear to be similar to Vario pages, but a lot less expensive. Some of the listings include an image of the following info page, showing the different types of pages and saying that they are made in Japan. Do any of you have experience with these and are they any good? Safe for stamps? And any idea what they mean by "Pockets with 11 dimensions"?

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5100 Posts
Posted 01/06/2017   3:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think "11 dimensions" simply means that there are eleven page designs with pockets of various kinds. Lots of companies make these stock pages - no need to stick with Lighthouse.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
United States
4704 Posts
Posted 01/06/2017   3:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have not seen these before -- so no experience or feedback.

But please do post a followup with your findings and experiences.

Kirk
Valued Member
United States
345 Posts
Posted 01/07/2017   11:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ekbustad to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think "11 dimensions" simply means that there are eleven page designs with pockets of various kinds. Lots of companies make these stock pages - no need to stick with Lighthouse.

That does make sense, there are 11 different pocket patterns, not including the sleeves with no pockets. Obviously the person who designed this page was not a native English speaker.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
549 Posts
Posted 09/09/2019   4:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add centerstage98 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Has anyone used this product? Thoughts and review??? If not these, what do folks prefer in this area of material?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2024 Posts
Posted 09/09/2019   5:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Anchors are certainly not a lot less expensive than Varios. Look at prices for 25 sheets and up where it makes it profitable for eBay sellers to sell at discount, and compare. If either was a lot cheaper, I'd question their quality and sturdiness.
Valued Member
United States
29 Posts
Posted 08/22/2020   5:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jr. Ratfish to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It has been a few years since this question was posted. I am wondering if anyone can recommend Anchor stock pages. I want to buy some 2V pages (black double sided with 2 vertical pockets on each side) that Vario does not offer.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1613 Posts
Posted 08/22/2020   6:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ratfish- curious how you'd use the 2 pocket vertical pages you mentioned. Booklets?
Valued Member
United States
29 Posts
Posted 08/22/2020   7:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jr. Ratfish to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Shermae,
They seem to be the best size for bank checks and stamped envelope entires.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 08/22/2020   9:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not to unduly worry members here,
Some info for thought...esp Lighthouse
Not carried out in Laboratory conditions
Hagners seem the way to go.
Edited by rod222 - 08/22/2020 9:51 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2854 Posts
Posted 08/23/2020   06:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess no one has used them yet. I have had bad luck with Hagners. The batch I bought around 2005 have had the strips separating from the cardboard backing. The second batch I bought in 2017 have been ok but noticed the strip does not hold the stamp as tightly against the backing as the original batch. I like the fact the sides are not sealed like Varios.

But then some of my Varios did an issue where the lowest pockets was not properly sealed.
Al
Edited by angore - 08/23/2020 06:38 am
Valued Member
United States
239 Posts
Posted 08/23/2020   07:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Germania to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have never heard of Anchor pages. Here is a link to a presentation about stamps and plastics, both in general terms and naming brands:

https://classic.stamps.org/userfile...Plastics.pdf

rod222, do you have a link to the website shown in your screenshot? Thanks.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4925 Posts
Posted 08/23/2020   07:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These stock pages are manufactured in Zhejiang China. Do they meet the same material and workmanship standards as a Vario or Lighthouse stock page? I do not know. I do know that the Chinese are not known for taking products that they emulate to a higher level but rather the opposite is true. Why support the chipping away of established companies market share for a few pennies by purchasing a product that may very well not perform well as it ages?
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 08/23/2020   09:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Germania,
I have had this information since 2010

The link may have disappeared since then
It was www.Stampsrart.com

Good Luck

Edited by rod222 - 08/23/2020 09:11 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 08/23/2020   09:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

If I recall, Hagner uses "Mylar plastic", as far as I know, the best available.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 08/23/2020   09:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Germania,
maybe the same people on Twitter ?
https://twitter.com/stampsrart

You may ask there.
Let us know if a new site /link exists
(I do not belong to twitter)
Edited by rod222 - 08/23/2020 09:18 am
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 2,833Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.62 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05