Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Poland Stamps : On Album Pages.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 114 / Views: 21,257Next Topic
Page: of 8
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35165 Posts
Posted 02/21/2017   11:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cinderella Seal : Remember Warsaw.
In my collection, but not my scan. Owner unknown.

Poor Relief (Na Biednych)
Jozef Poniatowski
Lowest value, in a set of 8

Exist: Overprinted /surcharged CV : Circa $8

Looks like designer's initials in the design : EB. or ER.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 02/21/2017 11:25 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
554 Posts
Posted 02/21/2017   11:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add YeaPolska to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh very nice indeed, I'm envious. Even though I've got all 8 sectors, there's always MORE, when does it end...

The price of these hasn't moved at all between the 2006 & latest 2016 Ficher catalogues. Divide by 3 to get Australian dollars.

A mint hinged regular sheet is 25 zloty, my one missing dot sheet is 90 zloty, but your two missing dots is catalogued at 120 zloty, about $40 Aus. Single no-dot stamps are catalogued at 10 zloty, versus 70 groszy (about 24 cents) for the regular stamp.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35165 Posts
Posted 02/22/2017   01:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Oh very nice indeed, I'm envious. Even though I've got all 8 sectors, there's always MORE, when does it end...

YeaPolska, you are welcome to have mine, if you can accept the crease and the old hinges.
I'd rather see it in a dedicated collection, than in my beginners set.

Trade for a normal sheet and a few of your duplicates would be sufficient.

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
554 Posts
Posted 02/22/2017   04:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add YeaPolska to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've sent you a PM, Rod
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35165 Posts
Posted 02/23/2017   10:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sheet sent, Rick.
In a Hagner ,with stiffener in Lunch Wrap.
Hope it survives.
If any reason you are not happy with Condition, feel free to return.
Have a nice weekend.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35165 Posts
Posted 03/01/2017   3:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Any Information welcomed.

Unknown:
oplata statystyczna rzeczpospolita 50000m green
Statiscal fee Revenue

Unknown:
1983 300th anniversary of the siege of Vienna. Jan Matejko.
Unlisted Scott
No Page Available : Steiner.

(Thematic "Rainbows on stamps")

Edited by rod222 - 03/01/2017 3:23 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3137 Posts
Posted 03/01/2017   4:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rod,

The top 50,000 marks green stamp is listed in Barefoot as issued in 1923.

I believe it is Bf #17 "Wmk wavy lines. No security print on back".

There was a similar stamp, Bf #13 green and dark green, issued 1922-23 in various perfs but this one had a security print on the back and there's no mention of a watermark.

The nice miniature sheet is SG MS2897 "King Jan III Sobieski at Vienna". It was issued with four Jan Sobieski portrait stamps on 12th September 1983.
Nigel
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35165 Posts
Posted 03/01/2017   4:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Thank you very much Nigel, you are so helpful.
Found the Souvenir Sheet Sc#2587
as you said, with the Sobieski set, why Scott put it in the general listings, one has to wonder, I also wonder what the charity portion was for.

I searched 65 zloty and Matejko without success, I'll put that down to "catalogue blindness"
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35165 Posts
Posted 03/01/2017   4:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Semi Postal
Steiner Page 92.

Semi Postal
Steiner Page 93.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35165 Posts
Posted 03/01/2017   4:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Semi Postal
Steiner Page 94.

Semi Postal
Steiner Page 95.

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3137 Posts
Posted 03/01/2017   4:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
At the bottom right of the sheet are the words "doplata na PZF" (fee for PZF).

A bit of Googling gave: PZF = Polski Zwiazek Filatelistow = Polish Philatelic Association.

(It didn't help that I read this initially as "doplata na PZP" which led me to a strange mixture of choices including the Home Army and the Polish Swimming Federation!)
Nigel
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
554 Posts
Posted 03/01/2017   6:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add YeaPolska to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Polski Zwiazek Filatelistow website, http://www.zgpzf.pl/news.php ,is the go-to site for what's happening in todays Polish philately. They have a forum, links to new issues & articles. Their bibliography includes scans of many Polish philatelic magazines going back to the 50's. It's all in Polish though but you can always use Google web-page translate to get the gist of what's happening.

One major problem I have with Scott Catalogues is their splitting up of sets if one or more of the stamps have a surcharge. It's just not on & leads to those poor lonely stamps sitting by themselves at the back of the book when they should be included with the rest of the set.

This is what I've done with the 1970 Wawel tapestries set

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35165 Posts
Posted 03/01/2017   9:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice work, Rick.

Quote:
A bit of Googling gave: PZF = Polski Zwiazek Filatelistow = Polish Philatelic Association.

Thanks Nigel. I'll have to lift my game.

Revenue.
Skarb Narodowy

http://www.stampspoland.nl/series/r...arodowy.html

In 1923, the Polish treasury was short of gold and silver to back up its currency. The following stamps were issued in the nature of charity (fund raising) labels. They were purchased at face value and affixed to mail much in the manner of Christmas seals. The income received, was used by the treasury to buy gold and silver from abroad.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35165 Posts
Posted 03/01/2017   9:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Only Information I have. 1927 General Revenues.

Mark Issues have Sc#145 Wmk, 50 Grozy (Differing Burelage) Unwmk

12 in set? 10 grozy to 10 Zloty.

Cancelling hammer with Maltese Cross.

Edited by rod222 - 03/01/2017 9:20 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35165 Posts
Posted 03/02/2017   04:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

From my own personal Thematic : Australia 16th Olympiad Melbourne Australia.

PIERWSZY DZIEN = First day of Issue

Pictormark : 2nd November 1956 Stadium

Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 114 / Views: 21,257Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05