Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Regency Stamp Auctions In St. Louis

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1293 Posts
Posted 11/14/2018   11:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Kols (succeeded by his estate) was sued as an individual co-defendant, in addition to RS. This is consistent with the plaintiff seeking any available "deep pocket". The claims are in the nature of civil conversion (basically the civil equivalent of larceny or theft). If proven, the personal assets of the Kols estate will be available to satisfy a judgment.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4355 Posts
Posted 11/14/2018   3:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
fraud is created in this case by paying your close friends and major consignors who are your long time friends or even APS MEMBERS , and then forgetting about the widow and orphans who trusted you with their estate . That is how I would go about it ......the good'ole Bernie Madoff CLAWBACK method . This is so easy to track and reconstruct on the books .
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3739 Posts
Posted 11/14/2018   11:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In all businesses - most often meaning small & family businesses - an intermingling of personal & corporate assets & activities can sometimes allow plaintiffs to "pierce the corporate veil"; if the owner/operators were not careful to operate the business at arms-length at all times, they may be found personally liable.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey

Valued Member
United States
423 Posts
Posted 11/15/2018   08:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SPQR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
yes, maybe you can pierce the corporate veil, but that still won't get the creditors anything. If I remember correctly (and I'm not going back through 29 pages of comments to verify) the bank had a personal guarantee and a security interest from Kols and the bank represented these would not be enough to satisfy its debt. Assuming this is true, even if a creditor pierces the corporate veil, the bank would have already taken all of the assets of Kols' estate. Furthermore, I have not seen anything saying that there has been a bankruptcy action. Even if there could be a clawback of transfers prior to the bankruptcy, it is now going on two years since the bank took control, and I think it is too late for that to do any good (but bankruptcy is certainly not my area of knowledge).
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2485 Posts
Posted 11/15/2018   11:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The research would really tell us what happened and who possibly benefited if there was favoritism on who got paid.
Al
Valued Member
United States
423 Posts
Posted 11/15/2018   11:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SPQR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The research would really tell us what happened and who possibly benefited if there was favoritism on who got paid.

Sure, discovery could develop a factual record, but who is going to incur the cost of lawyers and forensic accountants without a reasonable prospect of recovery?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2037 Posts
Posted 01/17/2019   12:21 am  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I heard the state has issued 2 subpoenas for testimony *I don;t feel comfortable naming who they have requested to testify), so something is proceeding. I could have heard or been told wrong, but if it is the state, doesn't that imply a criminal case rather than a civil case? Against who I don't know.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3380 Posts
Posted 01/24/2019   8:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The jury trial was rescheduled to 4 February 2019. It will be interesting to follow.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2485 Posts
Posted 01/25/2019   07:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There must be some official record online on what is going on.
Al
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3380 Posts
Posted 01/25/2019   08:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another court case was filed on 28 December 2018 by N.A. of America Bank this time naming Penny Kols, David's wife.

https://stlrecord.com/stories/51172...penny-o-kols
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3380 Posts
Posted 02/10/2019   12:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Jury Trial has been rescheduled yet again to 18 March 2019.
Edited by rogdcam - 02/10/2019 12:15 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3380 Posts
Posted 03/19/2019   2:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jury trial rescheduled yet again to 6 May 2019.
Valued Member
Norway
18 Posts
Posted 03/19/2019   3:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Holmsbu17 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Neverending story! But wait - the truth is out there…..
Valued Member
United States
188 Posts
Posted 08/23/2019   1:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Did the jury trial ever take place or were there more continuations? If it did take place, what was the outcome?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2485 Posts
Posted 08/23/2019   2:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I checked the case and it is scheduled for jury trial on 10/7/19. There was some attempt to dismiss but denied.
Al
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05