Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pre-1940 Ireland Overprints On Steiner Pages

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 83 / Views: 7,261Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
913 Posts
Posted 03/08/2020   2:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danstamps54 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
NSK,

Yes, I did!

The fourth time was a charm. What Alberto Diena was doing expertising an Irish stamp, I don't know. His specialty is early Italy. Nevertheless, the measurements were accurate.

Dan
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Experienced stamps need a home too. I'd rather have an example that is imperfect than no example.
I collect for enjoyment, not investment.
APS Member #223433
Postmark Collectors Club Member #6333
Meter Stamp Society Member #1409
Edited by danstamps54 - 03/08/2020 3:02 pm
Valued Member
256 Posts
Posted 03/08/2020   3:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Congrats!

I just learned this issue has a setting variety: the R of Rialtas is set to the left over the S of Sealadac. It occurs in position 10/2 of the sheet. I do not know if it occurs in other positions.

Hint: look at your 2/6 stamp.
Edited by NSK - 03/08/2020 3:31 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
913 Posts
Posted 03/08/2020   4:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danstamps54 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is this the setback you are referring to? Missed that in Hibernian.....

Dan
Experienced stamps need a home too. I'd rather have an example that is imperfect than no example.
APS Member #223433
Valued Member
256 Posts
Posted 03/08/2020   4:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is this the setback you are referring to? Missed that in Hibernian......

Yes. You will not find it in Hibernian. I saw a certificate (attest) by Roy Hamilton-Bowen - the editor of the Hibernian - that mentioned this variety.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
913 Posts
Posted 03/08/2020   5:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danstamps54 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
NSK,

Thank you for the information! I will have to add that note to my album.
You mentioned that it is on position 10/2 of the sheet. If someone is plating this variety and wants to examine my copy, PM me. I would be happy to send detailed scans.

Thanks!
Dan
APS Member #223433
Valued Member
256 Posts
Posted 03/08/2020   5:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You mentioned that it is on position 10/2 of the sheet.

The Marquess of Bute's collection included a set with bottom margins showing parts of the sheet-centre cross on the right-hand side of the margin. This identifies all three stamps as being from position 38 (R.10/2). All three stamps have this variety. It is constant at least for this position.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29785 Posts
Posted 04/10/2020   02:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
PERFIN

Sc#110 2.5d Coat of Arms, Wmk Multiple e,
Perfin AC/LD Punctures 10-8 / 7-11
Height 5mm (Measured in mm from centre of bottom hole, to centre of top hole)
Exists 4.5mm
Arnott & Co, Ltd Dublin.
Source : "The Revealer"

wiki
Edited by rod222 - 04/10/2020 1:50 pm
Ireland
1 Posts
Posted 07/15/2020   4:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MartinT to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Concerning SOAR stamps: both the Hibernian 2020 and S.Gibbons 2019 Ireland catalogues have sections on machine labels/stamps. A search here on 'soar' will produce some helpful blogs.
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 83 / Views: 7,261Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05