Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pre-1940 Ireland Overprints On Steiner Pages

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 153 / Views: 13,639Next Topic
Page: of 11
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
37423 Posts
Posted 09/30/2021   5:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you.

Quote:
Baile an Ródbha

Is that a typo? I see no BHA
Google was not much help
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
2363 Posts
Posted 09/30/2021   6:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Ródhba, not Ródbha. You yourself questioned whether it was Baile an ?OHBA.

The "O" you saw is a "D." The letter on the inside of the right leg of the chair is a small "O" with a straight line above it. On the far right of the seat is the "R."

Search for "Ballinrobe" in below link.

https://sun-direction.com/country/ireland/
Edited by NSK - 09/30/2021 6:06 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
37423 Posts
Posted 01/18/2022   11:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks NSK

Just received free gift from Dave in MARYLAND
Thank you.
Sent 8th December 2021

Edited by rod222 - 01/18/2022 11:57 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
2363 Posts
Posted 04/21/2022   05:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Coming back to an earlier question asked by Rod

Quote:
As an aside, found a SOAR hiding back of book, with my "unidentifieds" and ephemera, thought I had never had one.
Care to guide us on what to look for? any Catalogue for these? Water Soluble adhesive?
Thanks.

The 2020 edition of the Hibernian Handbook lists the soars, as well as the birdie beside it.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
37423 Posts
Posted 04/21/2022   07:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you NSK
Just a tad heavy for me at $90
Can get the 2014 for $14
I realise NO soar.
I do not get any Irish stamps in swaps, for whatever reason.
Edited by rod222 - 04/21/2022 07:37 am
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
2363 Posts
Posted 05/11/2022   2:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If anyone is interested in the Hibernian Handbook, I can send you the flyer with further details Roy Hamilton-Bowen who edits the Hibernian Handbook sent me.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
37423 Posts
Posted 07/28/2022   12:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Heinrich Gerl Definitives Monograph
Warren / Fitzgerald
ISBN 0950641502

This monograph uses the THIRKELL GUAGE.

Generously donated by SCF Calstamp.

Edited by rod222 - 07/28/2022 01:00 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
37423 Posts
Posted 09/06/2022   4:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mailed a "Swap" package to Ireland, from country Australia
Just Arrived (11 days.)
Surprised at the swiftness of transit.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
90 Posts
Posted 09/07/2022   11:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Going Postal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What a great and insightful thread this is. I've been working on editing my Steiner Finland pages with the intent to get that album going, then moving on to Ireland. After reading all these posts I kinda feel like setting Finland aside. Thank you to both Dan and Rod for sharing so many beautiful pages

From a handful of posts along the way, it seems like Hibernian is the go to reference book for Ireland - would that be correct?

@NSK - I'd be interested in looking at the Hibernian flyer you mentioned.

- Lance
Edited by Going Postal - 09/07/2022 11:25 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
37423 Posts
Posted 09/07/2022   11:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Try both Lance,
Finland and Ireland, I do.
Just a little at a time gets the job done.

I still have no Hiberian, use Gibbons, then Scott at the moment.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
796 Posts
Posted 09/08/2022   5:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Finland is fun! :) Though I use Facit first and Scott second...

Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
2363 Posts
Posted 09/09/2022   04:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@Going Postal,

I sent you a message. As far as I can see, it is not possible to attach the flyer. I need you to reply so I have an email-address to forward the flyer.

Unless a moderator can confirm it is okay to post the flyer here - Roy (Hibernian) does not object to it - for everyone to see.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
90 Posts
Posted 09/10/2022   1:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Going Postal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, I plan to collect both. My problem after packing everything away for a decade is focus. I see the next idea of mine posted on here with great pictures, and I tend to run to the new shiny thing.

This is probably why I have an accumulation, and not a collection to show.

- Lance
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
90 Posts
Posted 09/10/2022   1:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Going Postal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Replied to your email NSK. Thank you

- Lance
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
2363 Posts
Posted 09/10/2022   2:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I sent you the flyer.
Page: of 11 Previous TopicReplies: 153 / Views: 13,639Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2023 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05