Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

New To Forum- Question About 100 Coil No Die Cut Forever Flags

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 3,344Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
10 Posts
Posted 04/21/2017   8:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Anthony to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I started collecting stamps last year. I'm working on filling the Mystic you S stamp albums. I have a question and maybe someone has an answer. I just purchase a coil of forever flags from the post office today. There were no die cuts between each stamp. Basically one long row of 100 stamps with no die cuts. Has anyone come across this and is the unusual?

Thanks

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3654 Posts
Posted 04/22/2017   06:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You may have an error. Can you post a picture?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Al
Learn More...
United States
11234 Posts
Posted 04/22/2017   09:22 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome,
I am moving this to a area which might generate more feedback.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1364 Posts
Posted 04/22/2017   2:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like an error to me. Imperforate (or, for the modern self-adhesive coils, die-cut omitted) pairs are known to exist for many U.S. coil stamps. Over the years, the number of different imperforate coil errors has become staggering. The value of these errors depends, of course, upon their frequency/rarity. Some are relatively common, numbering in the thousands & selling on the secondary market for a handful of dollars per pair. Others are quite scarce, with far fewer than a hundred imperf stamps known to exist, and selling for over a thousand dollars per pair. If the stamps you are referring to are the 2017 flags issued in January, I would guess that they will prove to be fairly common. Multiple error versions have already appeared on eBay, although it seems a bit uncertain as to whether these are from printer's waste or from stamps that were actually purchased from the USPS. Your find might suggest that, at least for some of the 2017 flags, the imperforate pairs may be legitimate.
Edited by JLLebbert - 04/22/2017 2:05 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8243 Posts
Posted 04/22/2017   2:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Anthony, welcome to the forum. Again, as suggested, a picture would be nice. If possible a scan.

Peter
Valued Member
United States
10 Posts
Posted 04/22/2017   8:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Anthony to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
10 Posts
Posted 04/22/2017   8:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Anthony to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a picture of the coil. They do have die cuts in the middle of the stamps.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2714 Posts
Posted 04/22/2017   9:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think I'd mail myself at least one.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8243 Posts
Posted 04/22/2017   9:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Anthony, that is why we wanted a picture. This is not an imperforate example, but mis-perforated so to speak. In other words, the die cuts are shifted. It is probably still worth something over the face value though, especially if you have a plate number strip. Nice find!

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8243 Posts
Posted 04/22/2017   9:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Anthony, that is why we wanted a picture. This is not an imperforate example, but mis-perforated so to speak. In other words, the die cuts are shifted. It is probably still worth something over the face value though, especially if you have a plate number strip. Nice find!
By the way, could you let me know where you purchased this roll, just for the record?

Peter
Valued Member
United States
10 Posts
Posted 04/22/2017   9:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Anthony to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for everyone's comments. I don't collect error stamps so I guess I'll put the coil on eBay and hope to get my $49 dollars back and someone who collects these would appreciate them.
Valued Member
United States
10 Posts
Posted 04/22/2017   9:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Anthony to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I bought them at a post office in Lubbock Tx

Anthony
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8243 Posts
Posted 04/22/2017   9:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Anthony, thank you. One more question if you do not mind. Somewhere on the strip of 100 should be a plate number, like B111 or something like it. Could you look and give me the number on your strip? Thank you,

Peter
Valued Member
United States
10 Posts
Posted 04/22/2017   10:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Anthony to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Peter, the only thing was a description and item number under bar code.

Anthony
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8243 Posts
Posted 04/22/2017   10:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Can you give me the item number? I am trying to keep the info on this variety so we can catalog it.

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3162 Posts
Posted 04/23/2017   12:35 am  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
hope to get my $49 dollars back

If I see it you will
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 3,344Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2023 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05