Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canada Press Sheet Collection & Titanic stamp & coin books  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
195 Posts
Posted 05/02/2017   09:22 am  Show Profile Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add omxfl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message
It's time to make some space...

I have quite a huge collection of Canada press sheets & a couple of the Titanic stamp & coin books for sale.

There are some very good ones in the lot; i.e. the $10 Whale, Titanic & the $5 Flag PS.

Here is a complete list of what is included:

issue (qty)
titanic book (4)
2009 year of the ox (1)
$10 whale; signed (1)
beneficial insects (1)
titanic (5)
$5 flag; signed (2)
empress of ireland (1)
haunted canada I (2)
year of astronomy (2)
art canada - joe farfard (1)
architecture - art deco (1)
art canada - daphne odjig (2)
diamond jubilee QEII (2)

The press sheets come as shown in the pictures below incl. all original packaging.

My asking price is US$1,300 (should be less than FV), but I'm also open to considering reasonable offers.

I'm happy to deliver this if you live in one of the states neighboring Indiana. Otherwise, delivery will be charged at cost. Payment: PayPal, cash or money order (3% discount for the last two).

Here are pictures:

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1055 Posts
Posted 05/04/2017   3:10 pm  Show Profile Check CanadaStamp's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CanadaStamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
333 have looked and moved on. Perhaps you might want to re-think your asking price.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
621 Posts
Posted 05/04/2017   5:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
:)
Edited by sak - 05/04/2017 6:01 pm
Valued Member
United States
195 Posts
Posted 05/07/2017   10:41 am  Show Profile Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
^
As I mentioned in the listing, I am open to reasonable offers. I'm not desperate to sell them...
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1055 Posts
Posted 05/07/2017   8:15 pm  Show Profile Check CanadaStamp's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CanadaStamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You are defining "reasonable" as it applies to you. But these items sell for far less than face these days. So what's actually *reasonable* is a good deal less than US$1300
Pillar Of The Community
2245 Posts
Posted 05/08/2017   09:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Why less than face when these are limited edition low quantity issued uncut press sheets?
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1055 Posts
Posted 05/08/2017   10:26 am  Show Profile Check CanadaStamp's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CanadaStamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Because the market is overloaded. And they are extremely costly to ship. And IMHO they are a souvenir item that are difficult to store and show. Many people keep them sealed and then they find out they are out of storage space and sell them. Why buy something you can't look at or display? I've bought a few and cut them up for postage. I've also cut some up into partial "souvenir sheets" ( 1 to 4 stamps) and tried to sell them on eBay. I thought that might be a way of addressing the display issue for some collectors. No luck.
Edited by CanadaStamp - 05/08/2017 10:29 am
Pillar Of The Community
2245 Posts
Posted 05/08/2017   3:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I can't afford to collect new issues because it is hard to even get close to face value for them when selling them. I remember being at a stamp show over 25 years ago with a seller that had new issues desperately pleading with a dealer that he wanted/needed $30.00 for his accumulation/collection of new issues that had a $50.00 face value and the dealer wouldn't budge no matter what on his $25.00 offer for them. Since that timely impression, I have never touched new issues with a 10 foot pole.
Edited by jogil - 05/08/2017 3:42 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics
  Kuwait Air Mail to Bombay 1948 Olympics Cover Overprint
  R72a With Almost An Interesting Cancel
  Alaska Fisheries Union
  Stamp Exposition of Southern California (SESCAL)
  Is it true that encapsulated PSE stamps sell less than non-encapsulated for the same grading?
  Help measuring Persia ‭1911 Ahmad Shah Qajar stamp portraits
  Need Help with Bahia Brazil 600rs 1923 Stamp Value
  Great Britain Collectors Club Website
  Need help with I'd of town cancel
  Need Help with 1893+ Romania 5 Bani Black / Grey Stamp
  Chinese military stamps
  Made a Mistake Posting?
  Airmail cover with 5 cent surcharge
  Newspaper Stamp Identification
  Sweeden Stamp 24 ORE
  Canadian Youth Wins APS Stamp Show Exhibit Grand Champion of Champions Award
  An Avatar Request for me.
  A beautiful #122 for grading
  Queen Victoria Cyprus Error Query
  Interesting Revenues
  Need identifying assistance with Stamps titled Emp: Ottoman 2 Piastres
  Need identification assistance with Stamp titled Deutscher Wechsel-Stempel M. 1,00
  Green Lyebird stamp information please
  Source for China Treaty Port pages

Asking for tips on how to arrange particular stamps
  Kuwait Air Mail to Bombay 1948 Olympics Cover Overprint
  Andorra Question re a Cinderella Issue
  Smithsonian help on a card
  Need help with I'd of town cancel
  ALMOST FREE MEMBERSHIP In the Precancel Society!
  Source for China Treaty Port pages
  The 5 stages of competitive auction bidding...
  A beautiful #122 for grading
  Stamp Smarter August Contest
  Queen Victoria Cyprus Error Query
  Is this #39 very fine? Worth grading?
  R72a With Almost An Interesting Cancel
  The Stamps of Australia : On Steiner Pages.
  Fermented Fruit Juice catalogue values
  R85d Interesting Find Obtained from Ebay
  Alaska Fisheries Union
  Scott #56 Ebay Extremely Large Bid
  Is it true that encapsulated PSE stamps sell less than non-encapsulated for the same grading?
  Collecting New Self-Adhesive Stamps
  Need Help with 1893+ Romania 5 Bani Black / Grey Stamp
  Need Help with Bahia Brazil 600rs 1923 Stamp Value
  Please Show Us Your Angel Stamps!
  Thematic : Basketball on Stamps.
  1934 National Parks Series and 1935 Farley Reprints

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2014 Stamp Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.71 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05