Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pdf Style Stamp Album Pages

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
Posted 05/24/2017   1:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cougar01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
area66 ---- Yep. Quite obvious that they are Steiner pages with images added.

angore ---- I did see eBay listings from that seller for Slovak Republic pages, too. My concern was that it was all setup in A4 page format. If I print in 8.5" x 11", then the images shrink down. Not sure how much that affects the borders around the stamps.

I do use black mounts. I assume that the borders used by Steiner account for the mounts too? I haven't purchased anything yet. Just trying to make sure that the pages that I do buy meet basic requirements --- ie complete up to date pages, size of borders to accept mounts, etc.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
Posted 05/24/2017   2:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cougar01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I do see on Bill Steiner's website that the person out of Belgium, whose page I showed above, is licensed by Steiner to provide/sell printed copies of his album pages.

Edited by Cougar01 - 05/24/2017 2:57 pm
Pillar Of The Community
2013 Posts
Posted 05/24/2017   4:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add area66 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For Slovak Republic , Germand and Eastern Europe try to find pages falowing Michel catalog.
Valued Member
Canada
195 Posts
Posted 05/24/2017   9:37 pm  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
area66 gives good advice when he suggests Michel for Germany and Eaestern Europe.

Where possible I always like to use country specific catalogues. For example I use the "South Africa Colour Catalogue" for Southern African countries or Bale for Israel. I then use Scott or Gibbons as a secondary reference. So for example if a stamp is catalogued as sacc43 the Gibbons equivalent maybe sg39. If sacc43 has a variety such as sacc43a which is not listed by Gibbons I would then denote it as sg39var.
Clive
Belgium
2 Posts
Posted 08/18/2019   05:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add filkom to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A small update on this topic and confirmation that the pages we sell are fully licensed by Bill Steiner. A license agreement was signed back in 1999 and we pay each year a license fee to the Stamps Albums Web and for each CD we sell a part goes to Bill Steiner.

Jan
Edited by filkom - 08/18/2019 05:22 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
125 Posts
Posted 08/25/2019   7:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Paid the $ 50.00 for the one year membership this afternoon; and have nothing but good things to say about Steiner pages. Figured I would give it a go to try and get my Ecuador collection in to some sort of order, and am quite happy. Printed the pages I wanted so far on 65 lb paper that has a parchment(ish) look to it and am quite pleased with how everything came out.

Not sure who, if anyone has the subscription to stampalbums.com, but holy bajeezus, I consider that a bargain with all the material on there. Almost mind-numbing.

Japan is up next, but actually looking forward to that!

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6718 Posts
Posted 08/25/2019   10:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jan (aka filkom), does have a valid license from Bill.

You should independently confirm with Bill about anyone else who claims to have a license to market his pages. There are those who have legitimate licenses, but there are also far more who claim to have the license than there are actual licensing agreements. Some legitimate, some not. So if this sort of thing is important to you, then always confirm with Bill before purchasing from a 3rd party. I can attest that he does respond. If for some reason he doesn't respond, contact him again through his website.

He does have a webpage listing the valid licenses, but I'm not sure how often he updates it: http://stampalbums.com/printed_pages.htm
Edited by khj - 08/25/2019 10:47 pm
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05