Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bohemia And Moravia : On Steiner Pages.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 4,606Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33518 Posts
Posted 05/29/2017   5:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And Rod, I find the inclusion of the one issue you're missing on Page 1 to be a poor design decision on Steiner's part. There are many plate flaws throughout B&M, yet he chose to include a single one -- and one that catalogues at 160 MNH, BTW.

Hi Postmaster,
thank you, advice accepted. Hence some of my personal pages to fill in the oddities I am aware of.

I find Mr. Steiner does follow Scott as a base line, other countries, he appears to follow a more precise listing regime, and I think this may come from a collaboration from fellow Philatelists, that have assisted him design the pages layout.

Example: He has pages for the Bogus "Maluku Selatan" and pages for the Belgian precancels.

His regime suits me as a general Worldwide collector, I can whip up a personal page in a few seconds to adapt the varieties.

I understand for the more dedicated student of a specific country, his pages would be wanting.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33518 Posts
Posted 05/29/2017   6:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Semi Postals
Steiner Page 7 (Missing horizontal format label pairs)

Label Pairs in vertical format.

Semi Postals
Steiner Page 8.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33518 Posts
Posted 05/29/2017   6:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Personal Page
Steiner copy page 13A (Newspaper stamps with irregular selvedge)

Carrier pigeon, or Peace Dove ?

Officials
Steiner Page 11.

Officials
Steiner Page 12.

Edited by rod222 - 05/29/2017 6:19 pm
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
Posted 05/30/2017   9:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cougar01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful collection. I, too, have been slowly working on a Czechoslovakia MNH set, but haven't got to the Bohemia & Moravia, and Slovakia stamps under German Protectorate..............yet.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33518 Posts
Posted 05/30/2017   11:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Beautiful collection. I, too, have been slowly working on a Czechoslovakia MNH set,

Thank you Cougar,
Me too ! I have a whopping Czech collection, all like a dog's breakfast, keep putting it off because it is too large (3-4 albums)
.....and I ran out of Hawid mounts.

Pity you collect MNH, I have lots of B&M duplicates

Pillar Of The Community
2013 Posts
Posted 05/31/2017   06:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add area66 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice to see the 1939 overprint mainly complete

Cougar, don't invest to much on eBay or elswhere for Czechoslovakia ... I purchased 6 months ago, for a guy in Philippines a full Minkus album up to 1993 with all the souvenir sheets except 3 for $ 200 at my local stamp store. I see them and other like Hungary all the time at bargian ( of course some early Hungarian always missing ) . Funny it was about the smae price I paid in 1980 something
Edited by area66 - 05/31/2017 06:57 am
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5952 Posts
Posted 05/31/2017   07:18 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very true. You can pick up extensive Czech collections really cheaply, and the stamps are, with the possible exception of France, the most attractive post-war issues.
Pillar Of The Community
3582 Posts
Posted 05/31/2017   07:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I try not to get CTOs if possible.
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
Posted 05/31/2017   08:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cougar01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
About a year ago, I did pick up an almost complete set of Czechoslovakia ---- used ---- on eBay for $15. Didn't have any souvenir sheets, though. It's still mounted on the pages that the previous owner used, which was basically graph paper with Scott numbers handwritten underneath. At some point, I would like to remount them onto something better, but don't want to cause damage playing around with the hinges. Plus, I don't have time to resoak them all to remove the hinges. I just grabbed them because of the price, even though they were used. Hoarder, I guess.

I admit that I have been buying MNH sets on eBay directly from 2 different dealers based in the Czech Republic.....but, thanks for the info about being able to buy cheaper elsewhere. I thought their prices were quite cheap especially when compared to Scott values, but I'll have to start looking around to see what else is out there. It's not my primary collection, so I don't put too much time into it. Just grab something here and there every so often. The only reason I do collect those MNH is because my ancestry is from Czechoslovakia (present day Slovakia), and as was mentioned, their stamps are quite attractive.

So, yes, I've also started dabbling with some MNH Slovakia stamps (1993-present), but also thought about starting a collection of Czech Republic (1993-present) ----- just because ----- but like my other foreigns, only collect those in "used". But, I have been unable to find those cheap anywhere. Surprisingly, those 2 dealers in the Czech Republic that I dealt with do not handle used stamps. I thought if I could find a kiloware, that would get me going. But, finding them cheap is the key.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5952 Posts
Posted 05/31/2017   10:17 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The post-war Czech stamps can be quite flimsy, and it's pretty easy to damage the stamo when removing the hinge, as I've found to my cost. In future, I'd probably just cut or tear at the bend of the hinge.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33518 Posts
Posted 10/26/2021   09:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thread Bumped, Last Post 4 years ago.

Overprints 1943 Lion. UNKNOWN
Suggestions welcomed
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 4,606Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05