Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Errors, Freaks And Oddities

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 231 / Views: 14,236Next Topic
Page: of 16
Pillar Of The Community
United States
688 Posts
Posted 11/30/2020   11:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add watermark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Robert, You might want to take another look at the stamp showing the aircraft with out engines. Look at how small Earth is. This aircraft is in outer space so no engines are needed...That is the real oddity!

Mike
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
7427 Posts
Posted 12/01/2020   7:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a real oddity....Stare hard and you will see it...Face on the back of a Scott 39, haha.....strange.

Robert

Pillar Of The Community
7427 Posts
Posted 12/01/2020   7:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We are all aware of the VAMPIRE bite on the Small Queen.
Has anyone seen these oddities that I have on my stamps.??

Robert

Pillar Of The Community
7427 Posts
Posted 12/06/2020   10:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another weird oddity on a Scott 1499..See pics below.

Robert

Pillar Of The Community
7427 Posts
Posted 12/06/2020   11:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Also a line across the top left stamp.

Robert

Pillar Of The Community
7427 Posts
Posted 12/06/2020   5:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a well known ERROR.
Scott 92 Newfoundland stamp.
Backwards "Z"...It was fixed with the issue of Unitrade 92a.

Robert

Oh, forgot to show the oddity in this stamp.

Edited by wert - 12/06/2020 7:06 pm
SCF Advertiser
Learn More...
Canada
288 Posts
Posted 12/06/2020   7:29 pm  Show Profile Check steve123's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add steve123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's another well-known error. Scott 774a, black omitted, C/V $1500. I may have posted this one already but I have decided to send it to Vincent Graves Greene today for expertization.

Moreland Revenue Stamps
Specializing in Canadian Revenues
Also Canada / USA EFO's
www.morelandrevenuestamps.com

Pillar Of The Community
7427 Posts
Posted 12/06/2020   8:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ahhhhhhhhh...steve123...Is that your stamp..???

Robert
SCF Advertiser
Learn More...
Canada
288 Posts
Posted 12/06/2020   8:46 pm  Show Profile Check steve123's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add steve123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it is, Wert.
Moreland Revenue Stamps
Specializing in Canadian Revenues
Also Canada / USA EFO's
www.morelandrevenuestamps.com

Pillar Of The Community
7427 Posts
Posted 12/06/2020   8:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
steve123...WOW
Let us know what the Vincent Graves Greene guys say about it...Good luck

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
7427 Posts
Posted 12/07/2020   12:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Now here is the most difficult E.F.O. for me to get an answer to.
This Scott 1452 stamp has what appears to be a perfect PINK border around the inner area of this stamp.

Robert

Here is the stamp I am referring to.

Here is my stamp compared to a normal Scott 1452.

Here is the back of my Scott 1452..No pink colour at all.

Here is a close up look at all 4 corners of my stamp.

I have searched and searched for a reason of this oddity and today have no idea how this happened to get a PINK border.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1305 Posts
Posted 12/07/2020   7:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm assuming that you got this used stamp off-cover.

Perhaps the face of the stamp was in direct contact with a wet pink envelope partially explaining why the reverse is unaffected.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
674 Posts
Posted 12/07/2020   8:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add itma to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
But would a bleed from a wet pink surface have caused two shades of pink with one of them being a perfectly centred rectangle?
Pillar Of The Community
7427 Posts
Posted 12/07/2020   8:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Exactly itma...That is what I am having trouble with.

I soaked the stamp on paper..The paper {cover piece} was white.
Even if it bleed through to make a perfect rectangular on the FRONT of the stamp, why is there NO pink at all on the back...???

I just don't understand how this could happen...??

I have a lady contact at LAC {Library and Archives Canada} but she said any searching is stopped for now.

Sure wish I could figure it out.

Robert

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
674 Posts
Posted 12/07/2020   10:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add itma to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another oddity. There is a green halo around CHRISTMAS (and the 2 Ss look upside down), NOL and ANADA. It's as if there is no pink there to darken the green. Perhaps this is a scanning artifact. Can you see that when looking at the stamp itself? But surely, if the pink is there by design, it would be a registration nightmare to have the pink matte outline the letters transparently?
Edited by itma - 12/07/2020 10:18 pm
Page: of 16 Previous TopicReplies: 231 / Views: 14,236Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05