Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Errors, Freaks And Oddities

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 255 / Views: 16,117Next Topic
Page: of 18
Pillar Of The Community
7471 Posts
Posted 12/28/2020   11:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a Scott 652 flower freak.
Looks like a lightning strike.
Looks like a hair that finally fell off.

Robert

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Canada
402 Posts
Posted 12/28/2020   12:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add studystamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wert:

Re: 652

What is a "flower freak"? I've not heard that term before. What is the background to that term?

I would be more interested in your "summer" look instead of the "winter" look. Your detail shows a lovely green hillside; I've not seen a green-coloured version on this stamp before. If that is what your actual stamp looks like then you should get it certified for this new colour variety.
Pillar Of The Community
7471 Posts
Posted 12/28/2020   1:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is a Scott 652 flower freak.

Ya, what an idiot I am.I was looking t a flower stamp for a guy just before I posted here..

Quote:
If that is what your actual stamp looks like then you should get it certified for this new colour variety.

Yes..GREEN all over...Even the water falls is green.

Robert

Edited by wert - 12/28/2020 1:36 pm
Pillar Of The Community
7471 Posts
Posted 12/29/2020   11:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a Scott 1011 "Cartier and Ship" stamp from 1984.
If you look at the writing "Jacques Cartier", you will notice every stamp has some thing missing..The dot above the "i" is missing..Should be there when lower case letters are used...But missing.

See picture below..
Robert

Pillar Of The Community
7471 Posts
Posted 01/04/2021   8:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is what I think is probably the only 3 border stamp...Not 4border like most.
Scott 386..We all know artist can do what ever they want.

Robert

I added a bottom frame..Does it look better...haha
The stamp on the right.

Pillar Of The Community
7471 Posts
Posted 01/07/2021   9:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a strange item with my P.E.I. Scott 3 {die proof in brown}
The stamp has "6 pence" "Prince Edward Island Postage" on the stamp.

The strange thing is the "G" in Postage looks more like a "C".
Just saying.

Robert

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7244 Posts
Posted 01/11/2021   12:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Should we tell Wert that is is just part of the font used or will that disappoint him?

Peter
Valued Member
Canada
132 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   12:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like the topic. But guys? today the printing is electronic one. Points and such will be over end over. Do those are really variety or frisking's? NO.Is a point of view of some one like collect. I things we have to discuss really varieties, not points due to the oil paper or printing ink. In the future not more typographic printing, so oddities, errors and frisking's views must change, we have to adapt to the new era. What YOU THING?

Show me miss alignment, miss colors, miss printings, miss cutting's: this will be our next errors, and colors also.
Valued Member
420 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   02:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add archerg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As a chatboard thread, sixteen pages of posts means it is engaging readers. It stimulates people to look. It's more random show-and-tell than anything, not the basis for a reference work, but it's a light fun read. Hope it continues.
Valued Member
Canada
278 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   1:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Major1044 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Freak!

Pillar Of The Community
7471 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   7:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Major1044
Does that freak have a Scott number..??

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
1301 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   11:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gilles le timbre to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
looks like 521 to me
Valued Member
Canada
278 Posts
Posted 01/20/2021   11:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Major1044 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for the omission. It's a 521.
Pillar Of The Community
7471 Posts
Posted 01/20/2021   11:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Major1044

Looks like a piece of paper stuck during the print process.
Indeed a freak.

Robert
Edited by wert - 01/20/2021 11:33 am
Pillar Of The Community
3362 Posts
Posted 01/20/2021   12:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Major,
For those of us who do not actively collect Canada or have their catalog handy ... please provide an image of the full stamp. It will also put the printing glitch into better perspective. Thanks.
Page: of 18 Previous TopicReplies: 255 / Views: 16,117Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.18 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05