Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Errors, Freaks And Oddities

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 255 / Views: 17,778Next Topic
Page: of 18
Pillar Of The Community
7610 Posts
Posted 06/01/2017   10:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
haha..Your too much sak

Robert

Here are a couple more oddities..

This I call chernobyl meltdown...

Slash on Queen's neck..

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by wert - 06/01/2017 12:18 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
726 Posts
Posted 06/01/2017   3:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add itma to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I posted this query in another topic today, but perhaps this is a better topic.

The 1972 10c medium value definitive - "Forests of Central Canada". I have a plate block of this (I'm away from home so don't have access to plate number or scans) which does not show any fluorescence whatsoever. I originally though (hoped?) this was the untagged variety but it was pointed out that, if held in just a certain way to the light, you can see a difference in the surface lustre where the tagging should have been. Now I know that one variety of the stamp used the tagging type that is extremely fugitive. This PB has, however, been in the same glassine envelope since I bought it from Canada Post. The glassine envelope shows no sign of the missing flourecense. So this raises questions in my mind. Does the tagging contain a base medium plus the flourecent medium an would it have been possible during the tagging process for the latter to have run out? In this case, could this in fact what has happened in this case? So would this PB qualify as the untagged variety or is that reserved for stamps that have total missed the tagging process?
Edited by itma - 06/01/2017 3:21 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
667 Posts
Posted 06/03/2017   10:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jimjung to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sc BK 88a - listed in Bileski as the "Comet Flaw"

Pillar Of The Community
7610 Posts
Posted 06/03/2017   11:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
listed in Bileski as the "Comet Flaw"

Jimjung..Anything from Beleski is worth keeping..Nice stamp.

Here is a pair of Scott 620 Queen stamps..Look at the left stamp..Very different.

Also this Scott 651..look at the word "Masson" at the bottom left stamp..The letters "M" and "A" are joined together.

Rest in Peace
Canada
5701 Posts
Posted 06/03/2017   12:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Storm over Parliament

BeeSee in BC
"The Postmark is Mightier than the Stamp"
http://brcstamps.com ---- BNAPS, RPSC, APS
Pillar Of The Community
7610 Posts
Posted 06/03/2017   12:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow..those are nice BeeSee

Here is a Scott 652 with a couple of extra dots...

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1327 Posts
Posted 06/11/2017   07:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Provincial and Territorial Flags issued June 15, 1979 SC 832a

Here is a dot on the Saskatchewan stamp SC 828 that may be constant.

Of the four panes (UL, LL, UR and LR), I have one UL and a friend has two UL panes with the same spot in the same location. It does not appear on the LL or UR panes. We do not have a LR pane to check.

Please advise if you have an UL pane and if it has the same spot in that location or if it does not have it

Edited by BlackJag - 06/11/2017 07:37 am
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
667 Posts
Posted 06/11/2017   12:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jimjung to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a strange one that I found. The lower left stamp has a white circle under the blue ink.

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1327 Posts
Posted 06/11/2017   4:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a mate to jimjung's

Pillar Of The Community
7610 Posts
Posted 06/12/2017   08:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good ones Jimjung and blackjag.

Here is an odd 'G" overprint..All my overprint are crisp and clear, but take a look at this Scott O43compared next to an average overprint...Almost looks like doubling.

Robert

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1327 Posts
Posted 06/12/2017   11:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wert - I think that that it is a kiss print as the inside of the right hand portions of the G are not doubled as well.
Pillar Of The Community
7610 Posts
Posted 06/12/2017   11:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You may be right BlackJag...I do not see any reference to a "kiss print" in Unitrade though..

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
7610 Posts
Posted 06/13/2017   09:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a couple more oddities..

Scott 337 and 806..Very pure perforation alignment.

Scott 2072..slash across middle of stamp.
Valued Member
Canada
124 Posts
Posted 06/14/2017   08:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pepere_jack to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
wert,

I believe that the "slash across the middle of stamp" on the 2072 is one of the coded bar sometimes printed during the processing of the envelope at the post office. This ink react to UV light like tagging. It can happen if the stamp is not placed exactly on upper right corner of the envelope or if the envelope went backward into the sorting machine. Here, it seems that this stamp was also rotated 90 degrees, causing the bar to be printed with this orientation (if the stamp was placed right, the bar would have been vertical).
Edited by pepere_jack - 06/14/2017 08:46 am
Pillar Of The Community
7610 Posts
Posted 06/14/2017   09:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
on the 2072 is one of the coded bar sometimes printed during the processing of the envelope at the post office

pepere_jack..The only reason I posted it is because it IS an oddity..No other reason.

Robert
Page: of 18 Previous TopicReplies: 255 / Views: 17,778Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05