Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Australian Oddities

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 410 / Views: 27,303Next Topic
Page: of 28
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 06/11/2020   02:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Fremantle, SPOT-ON.

Sorry to disappoint.
("Free Post" does not exist on a Western Australia CDS hammer)
The Postmark is CDS
PARCEL POST - FREMANTLE WA
Usage 5th November 1913 to 29th July 1963
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 06/11/2020 02:16 am
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
876 Posts
Posted 06/11/2020   04:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add finches to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod222,

Never disappointing absorbing additional corrective info'.

Yes, a 5/- letter sounds expensive.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 06/11/2020   06:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Finches,
it is difficult to imagine just what that covered,
Most High Values were either punched telegraphs, or conveyance of gold.
Fremantle would suggest other use.
That is one mighty parcel.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3611 Posts
Posted 09/11/2020   10:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't added anything to this thread in awhile, as my purchases have dropped off a tad. Searching through my current holdings, I found a Scott 124, ACSC 131 which has such a nice corner cancel, that I thought it was 131w, Cancelled to Order. However, it doesn't match the "Melbourne" styles in my book. Was this just a nice strike from Western Australia?

Retroreveal tried to help me out. This is the best scan I could find.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3611 Posts
Posted 10/17/2020   5:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's an oddity. It looks like a re-entry, or kiss-print on the right side. This is Scott 8, ACSC BW 17. There is a note in ACSC for 17c that is a partial kiss print. They go on to say, "several used stamps are known showing doubling of the lower left portion of the stamp." Unfortunately, mine is on the right side.

Here is the entire stamp followed by some scans with areas circled showing the extension of horizontal lines on the right side. I thought it may be ink pulls, but those are usually irregularly shaped, while these are pretty consistent. Any thoughts?

Page: of 28 Previous TopicReplies: 410 / Views: 27,303Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05