Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Australian Oddities  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
23611 Posts
Posted 03/31/2018   04:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you.

Quote:
Boy, I really need to get some better literature to help spot these things.

I saw it the other day on the web, $50-$60?
and as low as $44 (Postage will kill you)
It only addresses the 1d Penny Kangaroo.

The (6) indicates rarity, 10 being the most scarce.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 03/31/2018 04:07 am
Valued Member
Australia
101 Posts
Posted 04/01/2018   04:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add langtounlad to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rod222

Quote:
Also, looks like it may be a KL 56 (6) b
(Adams, Bell, Pope)

I am not familiar with the numbering in Adams, Bell & Pope but are you saying that Partime's 1d Red is a stamp from Plate K.

You would be aware I hope that all cliches on Plate K were Die2A. Partime has correctly identified it as a Plate C Die 1 -ACSC 2(C)e - CL26.

Regards
Frank
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2858 Posts
Posted 05/16/2018   10:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not anything special, but I am interested in the identification of the Obliterator. This is the Orange version (Scott 27, ACSC 95). I darkened it to make sure the 267 stood out better. Any help on city / location? Thanks.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
23611 Posts
Posted 05/17/2018   01:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Queensland

267 - Waterford
Waterford post office, 7 km west north west of Beenleigh, opened on 1 April 1877
Chalon Barred Numeral Type 2 a is rated NNS
Sideface Barred Numeral Type 2 a (7.5 mm) is rated 2R
Commonwealth Barred Numeral Type 2 a (7.5 mm) is rated 3R
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2858 Posts
Posted 05/17/2018   09:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice info. Thanks!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2858 Posts
Posted 05/17/2018   10:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is Scott 30. I also identified as ACSC 105, Mullett Plate, Die Ia. It is also Type B, due to the marks joining the eye shading to the nostril and mustache. What is also interesting is the small break near the left top to the crown ... not listed in ACSC. I have the 2014 version ... is this listed in any later version? Thanks in advance.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
23611 Posts
Posted 05/17/2018   10:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Read Notes : 3.
Do you see any significance here?

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2858 Posts
Posted 05/17/2018   10:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Read Notes : 3

Good catch, Rod. ACSC Note 3 says, "The imprints can be distinguished. On Plate 3, L60 shows a spot of colour on the oval just below the breat of the emu. On Plate 4, R55 has a spot on the outer oval between IA".

So, if I only had a few more stamps, I would have the Plate 4 imprint. Maybe I dropped the rest around here somewhere ...
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
23611 Posts
Posted 05/17/2018   10:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
.. is this listed in any later version?

2014 Issue...Is this not the latest edition?

I only have the 2007 Edition

Opinion:
Due to the radical apparent flaw, I would expect this to have been discovered prior.

Perhaps, an EFO, a scrap of detritus has attached to the plate, which would by most accounts, give the type of result as shown.

Keep an eye out for replication, none of my Sc# 30's has it.
Edited by rod222 - 05/17/2018 11:05 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2858 Posts
Posted 05/31/2018   10:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My latest, Scott O6, ACSC 69(OS). This has the Hollow S variety, making in ACSC 69(OS)(8)r. Nicely centered, and a very light hinge mark, so I was happy. I'm not sure if that is a broken crown at the top, as I still don't have the 2017 ACSC catalog. There is also a small dot in the lower left corner that shouldn't be there.

Entire Stamp

Closeup of top, showing broken crown and Hollow top to the S overprint.

Here is a different stamp, showing the standard S in the overprint.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2858 Posts
Posted 06/24/2018   7:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One more cancel to identify, if you please. Scott 2 (Die 1) with a "1777" cancel. Any help placing this would be appreciated. Thanks.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
23611 Posts
Posted 06/24/2018   7:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Guess.
Double Peak. NSW....or Mystic Peak. Victoria.

Maybe a scarce fellow.
Best I can do is find a Mystic Peak (gold?) mine (Victoria) operating in 1938
near Bung Bong.

Edited by rod222 - 06/24/2018 8:24 pm
Valued Member
Australia
457 Posts
Posted 06/25/2018   04:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 64idgaf to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Victorian type = Mystic Peak
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2858 Posts
Posted 06/30/2018   01:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OK, I have to admit that I still don't have the 2018 ACSC catalog, so I am hoping someone can help identify. Scott 27, ACSC 95. There is an odd mark in the last A of Australia.

Is this listed in ACSC? Thanks again.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
23611 Posts
Posted 06/30/2018   01:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Partime,
what edition do you have?
I do not have the 2018.

That's a cracking find, well done you........

...and what's that under the Emu Is she laying an Egg?

Postmark : TAMMIN Western Australia, about 190 Km from my place.
Edited by rod222 - 06/30/2018 01:38 am
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05