Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Inverted Jenny, I Am Going To Assume Counterfeit?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
Posted 06/28/2017   02:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add drkatherine1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is a page out of an inherited album just as I found it. I assume the stamp in the upper right not to be real. But just want to check.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
2013 Posts
Posted 06/28/2017   02:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add area66 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it's a fake the details are not as good as the one under it
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by area66 - 06/28/2017 02:38 am
Valued Member
United States
186 Posts
Posted 06/28/2017   02:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dry Tech to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum!

The color, printing detail and perforations all shout "I'm not real" to me. At least the plane is up side down.
United States
4 Posts
Posted 06/28/2017   02:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add drkatherine1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks....that is what I thought but I just wanted to check. I will take it off the page and trash it.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1361 Posts
Posted 06/28/2017   03:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AnthonyUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Even fakes can be valuable. It is also worth keeping for reference purposes.
Valued Member
Denmark
427 Posts
Posted 06/28/2017   05:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ClassicalStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't trash it.

Keep it for reference or sell it for a buck or two on eBay.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
659 Posts
Posted 06/28/2017   06:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Don't trash it mate, it could be a noted forgery and worth big bucks!
If you don't want it, send it to me!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6324 Posts
Posted 06/28/2017   06:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's too crude to be a noted forgery, but it is worth keeping.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4477 Posts
Posted 06/28/2017   07:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The only forgeries of the inverted Jenny that are worth anything are the WINTER forgeries they sell for around $250.00 each . Yours is not a WINTER forgery . It looks like a eBay forgery around a buck or two .
Pillar Of The Community
2013 Posts
Posted 06/28/2017   07:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add area66 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It looks like a eBay forgery around a buck or two .

and a very bad one, I do have one that look way better

here a Winter block of 4 on sale on eBay for $ 425 .... the molds are free

Edited by area66 - 06/28/2017 07:35 am
United States
4 Posts
Posted 06/28/2017   12:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add drkatherine1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have books and books of stamps and just sorting them out has been a huge headache. I thank you emensly.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4477 Posts
Posted 06/28/2017   1:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
drkatherine1 -----I would advise you to find someone who knows stamps and PAY them to give you a written estimate to the value you have in those books . Get it in writing ......let me repeat that ,have them list a value of each book and any important stamps listed to value .
People who receive collections make two mistakes when they sell . The first is tell the buyer they don't know the value ,second they want a cash offer with the appraisal . If you bring it to me for purchase , the first thing I do is tell you how bad the stamp market is right now . The second thing I will tell you how much work it is to break the books down and the time it takes to get them ready for sale .
I am a excellent person to show you all the defects your collection holds , wrong albums , wrong mounting ,condition and centering is just a big price depressor . Then I will offer you a little better than all those other dealers because it contains stuff for my collection so I will keep it and that is better than selling it to a dealer who will just wholesale it off to a auction house ,don't you agree ?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3888 Posts
Posted 06/28/2017   2:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Take it off the page but no need to trash the stamp. Leaving a fantasy on a page ends up devaluing the offer/sale of a collection.
United States
4 Posts
Posted 06/28/2017   3:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add drkatherine1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
floortrader......I went through that whole scenario with an individual who was a knowledgeable individual. I was more than willing to pay for the appraisal. They kept the stamps for months. I contacted them repeatedly. In the end they offered me $50.00. I paid for return shipping. Hell, I sold all the packages of mounts for over $60.00. I am just going to put them on eBay and what they go for is what I get. I just don't have the time. I am newly retired, selling my home, and moving. So I am just going to throw stuff on eBay with good close ups of the front and backs....and let the auction take its course.
Valued Member
29 Posts
Posted 01/10/2020   6:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add r.cebrian to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have this:
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05