Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Photobucket And Their Greed

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Forum Dad
USA
1451 Posts
Posted 05/29/2018   11:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They have, but they still will not be allowed back here. They have proven their greed and deceit.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 08/29/2018   1:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampyjoe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am putting together an album that shows the stamped pages within my recently acquired album pages (scott int., etc.).I do not want to spam the forum with lots of images, nor waste the bandwitdh to host. Is there an acceptable image hosting site that can be used? I would like share in an appropriate manner and do not wish to break any rules.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
26487 Posts
Posted 04/04/2019   01:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Email received today.............
(Have not used Photobucket for 2, perhaps 3 years)
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
765 Posts
Posted 06/10/2019   02:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add finches to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod222....I've NO affiliation/interest in Photobucket, even though I used their site on Sydney's shooting sheriff's stamp site...I wondered their storage & maintenance costs etc maintaining Photobucket. I don't think positive OR negative concerning Photobucket as I honestly don't know their genuine running costs.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
26487 Posts
Posted 06/10/2019   04:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Finches,
that's OK, I have not used PB since they began charging, all my images there are held in limbo (I assume).
Not going back.

Valued Member
25 Posts
Posted 06/11/2019   11:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add abctoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Buy a multi-gigabite thumb drive. Save all of your images as .JPG. Then you can access them anytime to edit, upload or do whatever you want with them. And for each edit, you can add another letter or number to the image title to distinguish one image from another.
Edited by abctoo - 06/12/2019 03:35 am
Forum Dad
USA
1451 Posts
Posted 06/12/2019   09:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How does that help you for hosting?
Valued Member
25 Posts
Posted 06/12/2019   09:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add abctoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You can also create and add to a thumb drive other documents with the same title as a JPG picture that contain the text of your Forum posting for further reference and use. These could be in any variety of formats (doc., wpd., odt., or even published there as a pdf). They would appear side-by-side in the thumb drive's gallery of listings. I would suggest modifying the title of each related document by adding a letter or number at its end to avoid any system confusion. Multiple images including enlargements of the same item and its descriptive text would then be readily available and free from any crashes or system modifications that may occur on the net.
Forum Dad
USA
1451 Posts
Posted 06/12/2019   09:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This topic is about hosting, what does any of this have to do with hosting?
Valued Member
25 Posts
Posted 06/12/2019   09:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add abctoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To bobby131313

The issue as I read it was that many members were going to lose their pictures because of Photobuckets' greed. I was trying to provide a way to save all of those pictures before they got lost.

Your question about how does a thumb drive affect hosting came in while I was writing the additional comments about how to save your files that were about to be lost from host Photobucket. Those comments were not meant to be a solution to finding another on-line host.

I do not know the extent of items you have hosted on-line, nor how they link to other on-line listings, so cannot address the problems you will have because your other listings link to Photobucket as a host. Personally, I do not have the problem of the need to use an online host to link items to multiple websites. Rather, I prefer to upload to each separate website the images needed there. That may not be sufficient for your needs, but at least for the moment I have saved all of my hosted items for future use.
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05