here I show three stamps I have. I find them really interesting, as I find the following oddities:
- on two stamps there is a double precancel, but with different types. Additionally one is a postage due stamp, and on this there is the "older" precancel also with an error, a double line.
- at the end of MICH the dot is missing
- the is some additional ink after RAPID
- on one stamp, there is a small ink spot after TOP
So I have two general questions and, of course, I would be glad to get your opinions about my stamps in concrete.
- are small oddities like the ones I mentioned collectable, I suppose only if they are due to plate conditions? so are those three mentioned oddities well known? I think there is no book or catalog for "precancel plate misprints".
- what about these double precancels - how could it happen that 2 different types were printed on the same stamps? Isn't it really interesting that on the one stamp the precancels are in different directions? (and: are those known types or local precancels?)