Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Most Ugly Stamp In The World

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 11,251Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1259 Posts
Posted 08/01/2009   10:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add djd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Canada #654
100 anniversary of Guglielmo Marconi.

Greens face ??
David(DJD)
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
907 Posts
Posted 08/01/2009   10:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WpgLwr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This one was pretty hideous too, David...she looks like she has the pox...

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2736 Posts
Posted 08/02/2009   04:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobgggg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Now here is what you call ugly

A Philatelic mind
is a terrible thing to waste
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1755 Posts
Posted 08/02/2009   12:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add David Giles to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Winnipegger Glenn:

I agree! The Jeanne Mance stamp is hideous! Yuck!

David
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1259 Posts
Posted 08/03/2009   09:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add djd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bobgggggggggggggggg
The stamps are not bad for design.
The subject is ugly.
But in their day I suppose many thought they were gods.
David
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6191 Posts
Posted 08/04/2009   4:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
At the risk of annoying all the Royalists, this is one of the most horrendous.......

Londonbus1.....Going into hiding shortly
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2757 Posts
Posted 08/04/2009   5:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add warrehouse to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No, Don't tell me that a real issue from the UK.
Why in the name, would anyone use pictures like that.
The background is awful. Ok! so is the subject.
These picture's are newspaper quality not how a national
symbol/portrait should be displayed.

Mike

Mike
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1259 Posts
Posted 08/04/2009   7:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add djd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
re: the royals
I always thought that the royal family had to approve the designs?
maybe they did ?
David (DJD)
Valued Member
Netherlands
333 Posts
Posted 08/05/2009   03:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jan-Simon to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
re. the prince of Wales m/s: what happened to the colours? It is a terrible scan that makes the whole sheet look strange (you don't think prince Charles would really wear a greenish suit?)
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6191 Posts
Posted 08/05/2009   07:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jan-Simon,

Nothing wrong with the scan...that's how the sheet looks.

Believe me, it's the ugliest stamp in the world.

Londonbus1.....Doesn't have a green suit
Valued Member
Netherlands
333 Posts
Posted 08/05/2009   08:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jan-Simon to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I do not have it myself, but I found other pictures on the web that look rather different:

The first picture looks as if the colour balance has been changed.
Edited by Jan-Simon - 08/05/2009 08:14 am
Valued Member
Netherlands
333 Posts
Posted 08/05/2009   08:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jan-Simon to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
By the way, I think that almost all Dutch stamps issued between 1967 and 1975 are far more ugly than any of the ones shown in this thread.
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6191 Posts
Posted 08/05/2009   08:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll check out some Dutch stamps shortly to compare.
The colours on the scan I sent are just about right, and I remember at the time there was a lot of talk in the UK and on our GB group how tacky the colours were.

It does not do either of them any favours that's for sure.

If you go here you will see another scan on our GB group to compare.

http://stampsofgb.multiply.com/phot...ed_in_2005#8

Londonbus1.....off to look for the ugly Dutch !
Valued Member
United Kingdom
59 Posts
Posted 08/05/2009   10:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add james204 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have the miniature sheet of Prince Charles and Camilla in my collection - in real life it's a lot more like Jan's image!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
59 Posts
Posted 08/05/2009   10:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add james204 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And surely this must be a serious contender for the ugliest stamp:

Valued Member
Netherlands
333 Posts
Posted 08/05/2009   12:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jan-Simon to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Really? I think that Year of the Ram stamp is very beautiful. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, isn't it?
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 11,251Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2023 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05