Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your "First Flight Covers" And "Airport Dedications" Here!

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 99 / Views: 7,007Next Topic
Page: of 7
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
Posted 12/03/2019   4:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Reedededge to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Here is a new eBay find. It's a little different twist on a first-flight cover.....maybe more appropriately a first-NO flight cover!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
156 Posts
Posted 12/17/2019   10:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dale Kramer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

My Jenny!!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1226 Posts
Posted 12/29/2019   11:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Robert
Edited by stampfan9 - 12/29/2019 11:29 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6897 Posts
Posted 12/29/2019   11:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stampfan, nice cover, but was the flight not FROM Keene rather than TO ?

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1226 Posts
Posted 12/29/2019   12:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
peter4522, oops on me, you are correct.
Robert
Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
Posted 01/30/2020   1:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add zepman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A few from AC Roessler from CAM routes 33 and 34

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
854 Posts
Posted 04/09/2020   10:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Time for a bump!
This was received yesterday
I loved the Cachet and on the listing it had no reverse picture and when I turned it over....imagine my surprise!

Valued Member
United States
213 Posts
Posted 04/09/2020   11:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gslaten to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Laurie 02 for starting this thread a few years ago, and just now bumping it. Your last posted cover is very interesting, and I can just imagine your surprise when you turned it over. Seeing it inspired me to go back and review the entire thread, and when I saw Basil's CAM 9 cover from 8/11/17 it struck a chord with me. I did a bit of looking and have a very similar one of CAM 16 between Cleveland and Louisville.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
854 Posts
Posted 04/10/2020   12:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely writing and "doodling" on the back of the envelope, that's a treasure!
And thank you for your kind words.
I've uncovered more as I sift through and sort my collection, a lot of airmail FDC's
And advertising covers I need to put up
Pillar Of The Community
United States
660 Posts
Posted 04/11/2020   12:04 am  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Round trip...

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
854 Posts
Posted 05/21/2020   02:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received a new one today!
An outstanding cover I thought!
Valued Member
United States
213 Posts
Posted 05/21/2020   02:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gslaten to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that is one very pretty cover. Are the corners hand painted? Someone spent some time preparing it.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
854 Posts
Posted 05/21/2020   02:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They certainly are!
But they are hand painted on paper and then it seems , glued to the envelope!
A closer look ...

Valued Member
United States
213 Posts
Posted 05/21/2020   03:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gslaten to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very unusual, but goes with the rest of the cover very nicely.
Here is one you might enjoy.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
854 Posts
Posted 05/21/2020   04:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice cover!
But shouldn't it be in the worldwide thread?
Cheers
Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 99 / Views: 7,007Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 2.88 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05