Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your "First Flight Covers" And "Airport Dedications" Here!

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 99 / Views: 7,112Next Topic
Page: of 7
Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
Posted 05/21/2020   5:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gslaten to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think so. There are a few other Australian covers posted on this thread. I posted it specifically in response to your interesting cover, for your viewing pleasure.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
867 Posts
Posted 05/21/2020   5:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's a great cover too!
Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
Posted 05/27/2020   8:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gslaten to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Time to give this thread another little bump. Like the design of this one. Nothing on the reverse, no idea of the designer. Any thoughts?
Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
Posted 05/28/2020   02:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gslaten to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's another with plain red, white and blue bars. Back has no markings.

Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
Posted 05/28/2020   02:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gslaten to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another first flight cover with red, white and blue stripes.

Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
Posted 05/30/2020   2:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gslaten to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Delta Jet logo forming the border on this airmail cover.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
940 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   11:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DonSellos to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Attractive covers, gslaten, especially the Delta Airlines first-flight!

Don
Valued Member
Canada
128 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   5:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've shown this in a different thread but I think it belongs in this one.

Cheers, Bill

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
867 Posts
Posted 06/09/2020   03:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These arrived today

Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
Posted 06/10/2020   01:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gslaten to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice...I just realized the red and blue bars on the first cover diverge from left to right. I just checked my similar covers but don't have one. Another cover on my list of designs to watch for. Thanks for posting them.
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
Posted 06/10/2020   09:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BrotherSquint to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've shared this in another thread a while back, and while it's similar to another post a few pages back in this thread, this first flight autogiro cover is accompanied by a letter from then Eastern Airlines President and former World War One flying legend, Eddie Rickenbacker. He's trying to get people to buy into the innovative postal delivery technology offered by the Pitcairn Autogiro.

Edited by BrotherSquint - 06/10/2020 09:05 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
867 Posts
Posted 06/16/2020   10:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
More new arrivals for me!
I like the postage due cover.

Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
Posted 06/23/2020   01:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gslaten to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another early cover commemorating several first airmail flights out of Newark, NJ...from "The Airmail Center of America".

Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
Posted 07/10/2020   1:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add healthy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up this Airport Dedication cover about a year and a half ago, and it isn't listed in the AAMS catalog. I know there was a sod airstrip in Lincolnville back then. It was started by Bruce E. Brane, but I can't seem to find anything else online. Any ideas about how I can get some information about Lincoln Field? Thanks.
Pillar Of The Community
1364 Posts
Posted 07/10/2020   4:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add blcjr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a Google snippet view from a 1949 Directory of Indiana airports:

Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 99 / Views: 7,112Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 2.53 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05