Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hungary Stamps : On Steiner Pages.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 172 / Views: 6,411Next Topic
Page: of 12
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
825 Posts
Posted 09/23/2021   07:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ringo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Always admired Hungary stamps and have an album full of them. The designer, Sandor Legrady, did some real works of art.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35181 Posts
Posted 09/23/2021   07:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The designer, Sandor Legrady, did some real works of art.

Indeed,
Prolific designer.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35181 Posts
Posted 01/02/2022   10:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hungary under Serbian occupation
BARANYA and TEMESVAR

BARANYA Issue quantities of overprinted stamps.
The Philatelic Journal of Great Britain
May 1919

BARANYA ONLY
So the 20f (Zita) and the 20f Emperor, should be the most expensive
and perhaps impossible to find
Edited by rod222 - 01/02/2022 10:41 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1090 Posts
Posted 01/03/2022   4:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The designer, Sandor Legrady, did some real works of art.

Légrády Sándor (1906-1987), issued by Hungary on September 10, 1993 to publicize the stamp day:

Here is an airmail set shows explorers and inventors designed by Légrády Sándor and issued on May 15, 1948:
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
70 Posts
Posted 01/03/2022   8:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Going Postal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is one beautifully designed set of air mails.
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1090 Posts
Posted 01/04/2022   12:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, Going Postal. Thanks to Legrady, Hungarian stamps have unique design which make them very attractive. Here is one more of Legrady Sandor, about Rákóczi's War of Independence (1703–11) issued in 1953:
Edited by LaoPhil - 01/04/2022 12:43 am
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
790 Posts
Posted 01/04/2022   02:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob Roy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
About the postage due in the first post - I'd like to mention that there are 4 sets:
perf 15, imperf, and two perf 11 1/4 with Inscription underneath in different lengths.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35181 Posts
Posted 01/04/2022   2:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
About the postage due in the first post - I'd like to mention that there are 4 sets:
perf 15, imperf, and two perf 11 1/4 with Inscription underneath in different lengths.

Interesting Rob! Not aware of that.

Here are the Wmdkd Multiple Stars

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
790 Posts
Posted 01/04/2022   3:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob Roy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
About the officials, do you have the full set without the 3 holes? Stampworld doesn't mention the 3 holes, and the regular ones appear there at the minimal price.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35181 Posts
Posted 01/04/2022   8:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rob,
I'll have to dig out my albums, and post back

3 Pin Punctures, from the legend J.T.Carrigan

Back in the Newsgroup days of 2004

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35181 Posts
Posted 01/04/2022   8:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Missing Scott #O30

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
790 Posts
Posted 01/04/2022   9:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob Roy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. The reason I asked is that I had duplicates of some of the missing official ones, but without holes, and I was like "No way, can it be that I, the small pillar, able to help out the mighty Bedrock? Nah" :)
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35181 Posts
Posted 01/04/2022   11:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

That made me chuckle.
Your generosity of spirit, is what to be admired.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35181 Posts
Posted 01/05/2022   5:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
790 Posts
Posted 01/05/2022   9:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob Roy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Regarding the postage due from 1951, you might add that it's the bigger design. There's another set with a smaller design (like the "Coin of Syracuse" sets from Italy).
Also, I guess you follow Scott about Issuing date. Scott says 1951, SG says 1950, and elsewhere it's 1950-07-11.

Speaking of the Coin of Syracuse - some of the stamps, like the 10 lire, have about 14 variants,
Page: of 12 Previous TopicReplies: 172 / Views: 6,411Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05