Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hungary Stamps : On Steiner Pages.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 172 / Views: 6,469Next Topic
Page: of 12
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35192 Posts
Posted 01/05/2022   10:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Speaking of the Coin of Syracuse - some of the stamps, like the 10 lire, have about 14 variants,

Yes, spent hours on those rascals.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
513 Posts
Posted 01/06/2022   7:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod

Thank you very much for posting the list of "3 Pin Punctures" as I always wondered what stamp issues had them. Very nice!

Coincidentally, I just received this used block in the mail this week, shown scanned below.

Hungary - Scott #383 - 2000 Korona - Madonna and Child from the 1921-25 set, used block of 4 with top 2 stamps normal and bottom 2 stamps punctured with the 3-pin pattern. Now in my WW block collection.

Linus

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35192 Posts
Posted 01/06/2022   8:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Linus,
not had seen the 3 pin punctures in a block beforehand.

World Wide Block collection !
I see hundreds of albums there.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
513 Posts
Posted 01/10/2022   10:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Worldwide Block collection!
I see hundreds of albums there.

Pure joy, I will never run out WW blocks to collect. I am reminded of the Robert Earl Keen song lyric:

The road goes on forever and the party never ends

Linus

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
790 Posts
Posted 01/10/2022   11:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob Roy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm rearranging my Hungary collection, getting them more spaced in the stock books (3 ring binders are rather expensive to import here).
Now I'm about to enter WWII and I dread the moment I'll have to deal with 1945-6 - 500 stamps just for these two years (2200 for 1945-55).
How many Steiner pages you've used for 1945-6, Rod?
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35192 Posts
Posted 01/10/2022   2:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How many Steiner pages you've used for 1945-6, Rod?

Rob,
13 Pages
Steiner Pages 5 to 15 inclusive, and pages 31 and 32

+ personal pages ephemera and postmarks and odd stuff.

1946 Steiner Page 11.
Edited by rod222 - 01/10/2022 2:40 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35192 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   08:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

First Baranya Issue
Issued under Serbian Occupation.
Just a few
Charles lV issue Overprint , looks genuine, the rest assume forged Overprints.

Valued Member
Ireland
80 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   12:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NickIreland to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think Hungary is an excellent country to start with if you are moving onto World collecting. They are lovely stamps, very cheap, good packets on the market and some excellent catalogues. But beware I started off using the SG World Catalogue (2017) and found a lot of errors, not as bad as Cuba, but still a lot.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35192 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   06:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hungary.
Newspaper Stamps 1871 to 1922
Steiner Page 68.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35192 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   06:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Any members able to ID this Postmark please?
Sc#P4a 1881 1k
Pillar Of The Community
France
2218 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   07:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Römerbad in Steiermark ? (now Rimske Toplice,Slovenia)

(not mine)
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35192 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   08:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Vayolene.
European geography still mystifies me.
Initial Google showed it still in Austria,
but I guess there may be other Romerbads (Roman Springs)
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35192 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   11:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Never rely on what is marked on back of stamp.

Litho.

Engraved.
Top right "Blunt Corner" repaired.

Edited by rod222 - 01/17/2022 11:12 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5861 Posts
Posted 01/18/2022   7:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The three pin holes on Hungary stamp are known as --Haramaslyukkal.
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
790 Posts
Posted 01/18/2022   9:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob Roy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Floortrader, what you wrote appears in google search and it's in "pigeon Hungarian". Here's what HungaryForStamps (a member here) wrote in this forum 8 years ago:

Quote:
The Hungarian hármaslyuk translates to "triple hole" and so these stamps are referred to as "hármaslyukasztás" [3 hole perforation (RR)]
Adding a noun case, hármaslyukkal means "with triple hole".
Page: of 12 Previous TopicReplies: 172 / Views: 6,469Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05