Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Diana, Queen of Hearts  

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar Of The Community

Germany
1262 Posts
Posted 08/31/2017   10:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Kris Rascher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message
It's been 20 years, but most of us will clearly remember the 31st of August, 1997. I didn't find a thread for Diana, so let's start one today.

This British set was issued half a year after her death. I enjoyed visiting her beautiful memorial quite recently; it is made of Cornish granite stones, each one different from the next, which form an irregular oval and lead clear ground water in two directions down a slope to a small pool. It is located close to Kennsington Palace, where she spent many years. Children love playing in the shallow water.

Send note to Staff
Edited by Kris Rascher - 09/01/2017 12:42 am

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
20443 Posts
Posted 08/31/2017   8:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Estonia : Bogus : Vorms Post.

Tuvalu : Bogus issue.

Great Britain : Presentation Pack.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 08/31/2017 8:59 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
20443 Posts
Posted 08/31/2017   9:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Cuba 1998 CTO.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
20443 Posts
Posted 08/31/2017   9:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Benin 1998 CTO.
Sc#1083 (7 stamps from a memorial sheetlet of 9. CV $19)

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
20443 Posts
Posted 08/31/2017   9:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

FDC Special Postmark CV 10
Exists : Benham Silk Cover 175

Pillar Of The Community
Germany
1262 Posts
Posted 09/01/2017   12:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kris Rascher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Angolan stamp might be called a 'thank you' stamp: Diana was there in the areas made uninhabitable by the leftovers of the war and the photo included in Rod's posting was taken there. That photo was manipulated for the Bolivian stamp. HALO is the Hazardous Areas Life-support Organization. Diana knew how to use her fame to make people aware of problems.

(Hi Rod, Nice posts; The text in that Royal Mail Pack is nice to have, thanks! K.)
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
20443 Posts
Posted 09/01/2017   2:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kris,

North Korea.

Somali Republic.

Edited by rod222 - 09/01/2017 2:24 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
20443 Posts
Posted 09/01/2017   2:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Guinea Republic.
Not listed in Scott : Presume bogus.

Pillar Of The Community
Germany
1262 Posts
Posted 09/02/2017   12:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kris Rascher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Honduras also used a photograph made in the Angolan mine field for their stamp.

(Hi Rod, Perhaps the Guinea set is bogus, four of the pictures sure are because Diana would not have been out alone in a woodland setting dressed in a beautiful gown like that. Do you know if the palace in the distance is Kensington? And is there a special meaning to the Japanese flag in Somalia? K.)
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
20443 Posts
Posted 09/02/2017   02:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Kris,
The images of the Princess have been photoshopped onto that common background.

It doesn't look like Kensington to me, our British friends may offer further information.
I am not experienced with Royal Real Estate.

The "Somali Republic" are bogus (Printed in Havana? )

There exists no genuine stamps with "Somali Republic" so printed.
The bogus set included Flags of differing Nations

Guess: Perhaps the countries lady Diana visited?

Edited by rod222 - 09/02/2017 02:33 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
20443 Posts
Posted 09/02/2017   02:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pitcairn Islands 1981
Age 20

Edited by rod222 - 09/02/2017 02:44 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
20443 Posts
Posted 09/02/2017   02:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

This is my database exhausted. Only others feature also Prince Charles.

Cambodia 1997
Sc#1685 1500 Riel from a sheet of 9

(Seen here with Elizabeth Dole)

Edited by rod222 - 09/02/2017 03:00 am
Pillar Of The Community
Germany
1262 Posts
Posted 09/03/2017   01:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kris Rascher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rod, You were right about the Japanese flag! I found a photograph taken during one of the trips to Japan (most likely in 1990). By the way, adding stamps in which other people are also shown, should be no problem, Diana was people-oriented. I changed my introductory sentence when I realized that showing only her would omit this part of her life. And of course I realize that innumerable pictures of her have been digitally altered.

(P.S. And I just tried to find out some more about the Somalian Post: British and Italian Somaliland were united to form the Somali Republic in 1960, in 1969 civil strife gradually turned to civil war and postal services did not function between 1991 and 2013. So stamps dated 1998 are definitely not from Somalia. K.)
Edited by Kris Rascher - 09/03/2017 04:36 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
20443 Posts
Posted 09/03/2017   02:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Impressive Research.

Mavlavi Allahdad Balkhi, President of Post of the Afghanistan Postal Admin, has declared that "the stamps which have been printed after year 1989 are false stamps."
The following stamps have been condemned as unauthorized by the Afghan
Ministry of Communications:

Pillar Of The Community
Germany
1262 Posts
Posted 09/03/2017   06:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kris Rascher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looking around on the web, I found some more Somalians in combination with W Disney! Rather poor print and dated 2001. I was shocked at the price; it will be fun to scout around among the professional dealers at the next stamp exhibits to see what they have to offer. The subject of Diana is evidently popular enough to make fakes quite lucrative. I wonder what she would have thought.

Pillar Of The Community
Germany
1262 Posts
Posted 09/03/2017   12:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kris Rascher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bosnia-Herzegovina issued a stamp of Diana with red roses in 1997. The princess had visited Bosnia on invitation of the Washington-based Land mine Survivors' Network to highlight the plight of land mine victims just weeks before her death. The label, with a deminer, says it was her last visit and that there were still 3 million mines in the country. She visited Travnic, Sarajevo and Zenezica.
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum TopicsRecently Active Forum Topics
  HOW TO DETECT FAKES AND FORGERIES ON WORLD COVERS Link
  Are these even cosidered stamps..??
  Show us your Turkey's on stamps
  Otoman Empire / Turkey revenues?
  Help with 2 China stamps
  need help identifing scott cat number
  Need help identifying 1888 cancel on a 2 cent Washington stamp still on envelope
  Belgium Postage Due Lion Types.
  The extreme of laziness? (RB52)
  Kuk Militar Post Question and Please Help Id Another Stamp I Can't Read
  Bill Steiner System Hacked
  Japanese report/documents c.1928. Any philatelic relevance?
  1934 USA Park Stamps Real or fake?
  Is this 5 cent Columbian cut square U350a?
  Is this a "unicorn" stamp or just wishful thinking?
  So ebay people sell customized stamps as if they were collectible?
  Revenue Stamps Collecting and Value
  QV 1896 Army Official Postmark Help
  US Washington 3c identity help
  Is this technically superb?
  Delcampe Vs Ebay, Am I missing something?
  Stamps cancelled with pen squiggles
  Is this category in the best forum?
  Stamp Inventory Programs
  Having Trouble Identifying this Stamp - Appears to be Imperforate

I inherited my Uncle's huge collection of stamps, thought you might enjoy seeing some of it
  Traditional Costumes Worldwide
  What Was in YOUR Mailbox Today??
  Any interest in world Postal Stationery?
  Kiloware Purchase... Not sure if
  HOW TO DETECT FAKES AND FORGERIES ON WORLD COVERS Link
  Having Trouble Identifying this Stamp - Appears to be Imperforate
  Coil Test Strips
  Otoman Empire / Turkey revenues?
  Hanukkah stamps issued today (November 14th) and immediately recalled
  Are these even cosidered stamps..??
  Belgium Postage Due Lion Types.
  The Stamps of Turkey : On Steiner Pages.
  Scott 441 flat plate coil paste-up?
  Help with 2 China stamps
  Is this a fake I grill?
  Holiday Give-Away #1
  Show us your Turkey's on stamps
  Christmas Around the World 2017
  Stamp Inventory Programs
  Is this 5 cent Columbian cut square U350a?
  Holiday Give-Away #2
  Holiday Give-Away #3
  Delcampe Vs Ebay, Am I missing something?
  Please Help to Identify Japanese Revenues & Documents 1890's?

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05