Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

R5C With Double Transfer  

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community

1151 Posts
Posted 09/14/2017   02:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add stampmaster to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message
R5c with a double transfer and a scratch.

Arrows point to the Pick Up Point (PUP).

The PUP at top is just for a scratch, the main part of this posting for the stamp in question is possible double transfer, see arrows pointing to the PUP.

Stampmaster

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
1151 Posts
Posted 09/30/2017   10:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampmaster to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Change all references of PUP to Area of Interest (AI).

Stampmaster
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3184 Posts
Posted 09/30/2017   10:50 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes to the plate scratch at top. Unsure as to what is going on at bottom as the image is too low resolution and blurry to tell.
Pillar Of The Community
1151 Posts
Posted 09/30/2017   1:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampmaster to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi revenuecollector, maybe your computer is different than mine, on my computer I can "Shift the +" symbol and the image is enlarged!

Stampmaster
Pillar Of The Community
1151 Posts
Posted 09/30/2017   1:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampmaster to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi revenuecollector, sorry, its the Control key, not the shift key.

Stampmaster
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3184 Posts
Posted 09/30/2017   7:56 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stampmaster,

I know how to change the zoom level in a browser. That doesn't solve anything. Unfortunately, in the case of your images, all that does is make it worse. The image resolution is too low. The stamp needs to be scanned at a higher optical resolution.

See below for a resoution appropriate for flyspecking. Then, depending on the size of your browser window, you may be able to click on the image to open the image even larger.

For varieties and flyspecking, 1200dpi is the minimum resolution to scan at. I will use 1600 or even 3200dpi depending on the need. Of course this only works if your scanner has a native (optical) resolution that high. If it is using digital interpolation to get to that resolution, it defeats the purpose.

Below the image is a link to the original super-high-resolution image, and then below it cutouts from that image.

https://revenue-collector.com/zoomify/4396.jpg

Edited by revenuecollector - 09/30/2017 8:02 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
752 Posts
Posted 09/30/2017   8:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add James Drummond to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dan,

Not all of us host our images on our own server, ya' know.

The highest resolution for a small stamp-sized image that will be accepted by the 300 Kb limit here is 600 dpi, in my experience.

Documents and certificates I scan at 200 dpi, and I have to trim them a lot.

Jim
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3184 Posts
Posted 09/30/2017   8:08 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim,

Fair point. I hadn't thought about that. If the Stampmaster is relying on the image uploading here then all bets are off.

Photobucket is now toast, but Imgur is an option for remote image hosting in order to be able to post high resolution images.
Pillar Of The Community
1151 Posts
Posted 09/30/2017   8:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampmaster to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi revenuecollector, I was talking about the keys on my computer keyboard, but you know I'm not sure, if I'm typing the keys on the keyboard is that the same thing as you call it the browser? I don't think what I do is zooming on the browser.

Hey, no everybody knows everything about computers, so try what I said, that is if you have the "Control" and "+" keys on the computer you use.

But I take what you said, and do plan on updating my scanner to one of those Epson 37's, but have to wait until next trip to Las Vegas (150 miles), the computer store here in town does not carry Epson.

Stampmaster
Pillar Of The Community
United States
752 Posts
Posted 09/30/2017   8:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add James Drummond to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stampmaster,

I believe that I mentioned this before, but I would recommend 600 dpi for a small stamp-sized image, and then, a 1200 dpi close up of a very small area that shows the -whatever- you are discussing.

And 200 dpi for larger pieces, that you need to show in their entirety.

This will allow you to get past the 300 Kb image restriction that is in place here.

That's what I've been doing all this time, and I don't think anyone has complained about the quality of my images (other than oranges being off a bit, I guess).

Jim

p. s. Amazon carries Epson scanners...
Edited by James Drummond - 09/30/2017 8:19 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3184 Posts
Posted 09/30/2017   8:23 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't think anyone has complained about the quality of my images (other than oranges being off a bit, I guess).

Actually, I believe the usual complaint is that the poster is off a bit.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
752 Posts
Posted 09/30/2017   8:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add James Drummond to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, blame ethanol for that...

Jim
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
Posted 09/30/2017   8:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rwoodennickel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My scanner allows for preview scan of image. Then I can drag and draw a rectagonal window over the specific area I want high resolution over. Then proceed to scan small area. Once that image is saved, then upload using SCF tool. Not the greatest, but it does get the image better for detail area.
Valued Member
465 Posts
Posted 09/30/2017   9:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
PUP?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
752 Posts
Posted 09/30/2017   9:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add James Drummond to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rogdcam,

Stampmaster is referring to a specific area of his scan that he is discussing, not this:

The term was defined by him, above.

Jim
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
768 Posts
Posted 09/30/2017   9:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rustyc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
AI = artificial intelligence. It's already been used.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum TopicsRecently Active Forum Topics
  2017 Chicagopex revenue acquisitions. Part 1: stamps (MANY IMAGES)
  Do You Like KGV or Roos in Multiples Too?
  Need help with this Havanna (sp) AL Cover and 3 cent Plate 0 usage
  Ad banner problem with Stamps Catalogue
  Washington-Franklin coil pairs from my recent project now on eBay
  Rare China 1897 Scott # 33 BL 8c On 6c PSE VG 50 MNH Hong Kong/Taiwan
  Aomic Bombs End WWII labels; look like US 1995 50th anniversary of WWII stamps
  Dual-sided & perked U.S. Customs Form w Serial No.not found online or in U.S. Scott Specialized
  2018 Newfoundland Specialized Catalogue
  Help with valuation of Newfoundland NFR2 & NFR3
  Slovakia - 2017 new issues:
  My profile photo - how to add it:
  Are These 2 Stanps Belgian Precancels?
  Compound perforations and control perfin on Schermack/Scott #392
  KGVI Black bars question
  10 cent Virgin Island Revenue Stamp circa 1958
  Airmail "Stamps" help
  Norway potato rationing instructions from WW2
  Strange Hinge Style, Any Info?
  Ukraine 1918 cover from Odessa
  Is this a 17 can someone help
  Azerbaijan to USA cover
  Nov. 24 QUIZ: How's Your Eye for Detail?
  Are these stamps authentic?
  Show your Commonwealth KGVI era and pictorial sets

KGVI Black bars question
  Aomic Bombs End WWII labels; look like US 1995 50th anniversary of WWII stamps
  Norway potato rationing instructions from WW2
  2017 Chicagopex revenue acquisitions. Part 1: stamps (MANY IMAGES)
  1c 1851 Plate 1-Early Stamps
  I inherited my Uncle's huge collection of stamps, thought you might enjoy seeing some of it
  Hanukkah stamps issued today (November 14th) and immediately recalled
  The Stamps of Australia : On Steiner Pages.
  German Perfin Catalog
  Barbed Wire
  Update to the unique 1938 cracked plate series
  Please Help to Identify Japanese Revenues & Documents 1890's?
  Show us your Turkey's on stamps
  Let's see your most recently purchased stamps
  John Ash Imprints - show Yours
  Today's mystery - E.E.B. overprint
  Ad banner problem with Stamps Catalogue
  Compound perforations and control perfin on Schermack/Scott #392
  Coil Test Strips
  Do You Like KGV or Roos in Multiples Too?
  Chart for Homemade Steiner Pages
  old japanese stamps used.
  Need help with this Havanna (sp) AL Cover and 3 cent Plate 0 usage
  Australian Specimen Stamps
  Japanese Revenue - Any info appreciated!

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.9 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05