Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

American Philatelic Society Names New Editor

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 4,117Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3046 Posts
Posted 11/04/2017   09:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I listened to an interview of Kent Miller by Nancy Miller on APS Stamp Talk on wsradio. Kent is what APS needs. It was good to hear an action oriented discussion rather than romanticizing about the hobby especially about how it has been (local stamp clubs, etc).

He made a comment about what I have seen is that many activities in APS seems to be based "hope" on increasing the members. Someone good at marketing knows that one should have an expectation of the results of various marketing activities. He is very aware of this. With supposedly so many business people on the current and previous boards, the concept of we do "x" and it generates "y" seems to be missing from any discussion.

I have a minor nit with one comment he made about APS less as a product compared to what it does. It is a product that needs to be marketed as for selling (getting members). He probably did not mean it as black and white but many still try to use the rationale to join for the good of the hobby. Offer something they want and they will join is the easy sell. Please support the hobby is not going to work for as many as it once did.

I also hope he can tap the technical expertise of APS members to achieve the goals beyond the usual volunteer roles (mainly manual labor).
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Al
Edited by angore - 11/04/2017 10:05 am
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 4,117Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05