Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Most Terrible Forgery I Have Seen Today.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2509 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   6:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Many collectors want a letter Bangkok "B" overprint in their collection.
Seller is asking $ 199.99 for this "no faults extra fine"
He is right: A no fault forgery !.
It looks like it's ontop of the cancel.Anyway the "B" is neither a type 1 or 2. Wrong lobe forms.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by perf12 - 02/20/2020 6:52 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28787 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   9:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is it possible to have a PENANG postmark, on a Bangkok opt ?
Valued Member
Romania
122 Posts
Posted 02/26/2020   05:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello
I saw for sale on eBay this block YT # 1 of 1941 (Legion of French volunteers)
I have a fake block with a fake cancel.
An element of identification is the existence of white lines on the nose and in the bear's mouth.
In the fake copy they do not appear.

Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2509 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   07:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like many things going on between the genuine & forgery.
the background lines in the genuine are of much better quality. the Feldpost cancel is ???
Valued Member
United States
155 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   08:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Germania to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
cupram, your Polar Bear SS is a well-known forgery. The lower left point of the red star is droopy. Also, you can clearly see that the diagonal background lines on the forgery are not sharply defined compared to the genuine.
Valued Member
Romania
122 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   3:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
When I bought this block, the very low price, the poor print quality and the date of the stamp (in November France was free of the German occupation) I was convinced that it was a forgerie.
I bought it to observe the differences from the original ones found on the net.
Thank you "Germania" for the 2 additional differences that I had not noticed. It is difficult when you do not have in front of the eyes both types (genuine / forgerie).
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1361 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   4:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Will you do a service to the hobby and clearly write FORGERY on the reverse in ink? Eventually it will re-enter the market, and someone else could be fooled.
Valued Member
Romania
122 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   4:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not planning to sell the block
But the idea is good, as an indication for my heirs.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3704 Posts
Posted 03/06/2020   12:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a typeset overprint forgery of the 10c value from the Belgian occupation of Germany series of 1919-21. The "A" and the "G" are particularly noticeable.

Valued Member
Romania
122 Posts
Posted 03/07/2020   03:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello cipalermo1964,
I wrote "FORGERY" on the reverse of Bear Block but I posted another stamp.This is the block.
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05