Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamp Dealers

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 61 / Views: 19,496Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1259 Posts
Posted 08/23/2009   09:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add djd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
can you name an approval company not listed below.
I will start out with
(1) Garcelon
I am thinking of collecting printed glassines with their names on.
What do you think.
David (DJD)
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
USA
2736 Posts
Posted 08/23/2009   09:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobgggg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jamestown Stamp Company,

Kenmore

HE Harris

DJD Ralston Alberta
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
A Philatelic mind
is a terrible thing to waste
Edited by bobgggg - 08/23/2009 09:52 am
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 08/23/2009   09:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lets See going back to my youth I remember Zenith Stamp Company..and I have some old envelopes from the 50s from stamp dealers I will see if they have envelopes....
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 08/23/2009   10:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry about that..i started a new topic I guess heres a couple more..sorry no windows !!

APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 08/23/2009   10:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
heres another...these are small approval operations..probably no one on the forum has heard of them..going back to the 1950's..if anyone knows of them still in operation..please advise 11

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1259 Posts
Posted 08/23/2009   11:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add djd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The list is growing
I have :
(1) Garcel
(2)Jamestown Stamp Company,
(3)Kenmore
(4)HE Harris
(5) Falcon
Any more ??
Boggggggggggggggggggggggg
DJD Ralston did not have printed Glassines,
David(DJD)
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1755 Posts
Posted 08/23/2009   12:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add David Giles to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Phil:

Sorry to interrupt and go off topic... BUT... the cover from St. Louis Stamp Luounge is an interesting piece of American postal history.

The postmark is what is called a "barrel cancel". Typically, they were used on large envelopes and parcels. My guess is that the sender wanted nicely cancelled stamps for his customer, and asked the postal clerk to hand cancel the cover. Lucky for collectors almost fifty years later... a lovely strike (which is tough to get) of an in-period barrel cancel.

Just for the record, barrel cancels are a popular collectable for postmark and postal history enthusiasts.

David
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 08/23/2009   12:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks David your interuptions are always welcome....i found an envelope from you from New York City in 2003..we have been buddies for a while now !!
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1755 Posts
Posted 08/23/2009   2:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add David Giles to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Phil:

I can't believe it's that long! Seems like yesterday.

David
Pillar Of The Community
USA
867 Posts
Posted 08/23/2009   2:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sfgoda to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mystic Stamp Co. - USA

Butch
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 08/23/2009   3:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
While you two are reminiscing, did anyone notice something else about the St Louis cover ??

FLAG STAMPS !!

Londonbus1.....Never misses a thing !
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2736 Posts
Posted 08/23/2009   4:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobgggg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Littleton
A Philatelic mind
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2972 Posts
Posted 08/23/2009   5:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperdude to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use to get approvals from Littleton in the 1980's when I began collecting.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2736 Posts
Posted 08/23/2009   5:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobgggg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Herrick Stamp Co.

Wilton Stamps
A Philatelic mind
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1259 Posts
Posted 08/23/2009   8:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add djd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The list is growing
I have :
(1) Garcel
(2)Jamestown Stamp Company,
(3)Kenmore
(4)HE Harris
(5)Falcon
(6)Wilton stamps
(7)Herick stamp co
(8)Littleton
(9)mystic stamp co
(10)Postorama LTd,/LTEE (Montreal)
Any more ??
David(DJD)
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 08/23/2009   9:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh Come on..especially our Canadian friends...The great Kasimer Bileski and his wonderful large approval ads..always fun to read !!
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 61 / Views: 19,496Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05