Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Townscapes with Vintage Aircraft

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
452 Posts
Posted 11/14/2017   11:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add erilaz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a couple of old postcards where the standard tourist shot of a town has been spiced up with an airplane or airship flying overhead.

This one was the cornerstone of my Esperanto collection. It features a zeppelin flying over Rüstringen in Oldenburg, Germany (now part of the city of Wilhelmshaven).

And here's an old-timey aeroplane flying over Pardubice in Bohemia, Austria-Hungary (now in the Czech Republic). The combination of the photo, the Esperanto inscription, and the extraordinary handwriting made this a must-buy.

Does anyone else here have similar postcards? (They don't need to be written in Esperanto!)
Send note to Staff
Edited by erilaz - 11/14/2017 11:50 pm

Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
Posted 01/09/2018   9:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add funbaldguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Love the dirigible post card.... very nice.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Serbia (Srbija)
159 Posts
Posted 01/18/2018   1:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Makanudo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You are aware that the aircraft was implanted on the original photo by old time photo manipulation, after. Right?
Valued Member
Serbia (Srbija)
159 Posts
Posted 01/18/2018   2:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Makanudo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another super imposed plane

Valued Member
United States
452 Posts
Posted 01/19/2018   12:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You are aware that the aircraft was implanted on the original photo by old time photo manipulation, after. Right?

It's pretty obvious in the case of the airplane. I don't think they would have got such a clear shot of the plane and its propeller, frozen in the moment, if it were really flying overhead.

Thanks for the seaplane!
Valued Member
Serbia (Srbija)
159 Posts
Posted 01/19/2018   05:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Makanudo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You are welcome

I love this type of postcards just the same.
Its interesting to see so many different aircraft.
Valued Member
United States
30 Posts
Posted 06/24/2018   10:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Deltilogical to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was inspired to purchase this at the Brookline NH postcard show last weekend after reviewing the Kelleher Autophilately auction catalog repeatedly...I've always seen blimps as peaceful vehicles, not machines of war.
Valued Member
United States
452 Posts
Posted 06/26/2018   04:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Despite the fact that the zeppelin is dropping bombs, that's a gorgeous postcard!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3283 Posts
Posted 09/08/2018   4:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Re-cycling my 2016 post to Bujutsu's Old Hotels thread ...

http://goscf.com/t/33043&whichpage=7#420489

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Valued Member
United States
452 Posts
Posted 09/09/2018   01:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a postcard of Zhao Weimin's depiction of Nanjing Road in Shanghai, which I bought at the Asian Art Museum in San Francisco a few years ago.
Valued Member
Netherlands
445 Posts
Posted 11/06/2018   06:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some postcards I picked up this morning.

1: Parseval. posted 1910.

2: Schwaben. posted 1911

3: Ville de Lucerne. posted 1913.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05