Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Greetings From Brazil - 10 Contests / Give Aways

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 2,850Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
Norway
1661 Posts
Posted 12/02/2017   10:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Blaamand to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Noone else collecting Brazil?
Contest #6 is still open!

The postcard # 6 (above) is still looking for its next owner.
Last chance to win these stamps on the postcard, last day today Dec 2nd ( I'm leaving tomorrow and must get them in a mailbox before then

Just make a guess, alternative 1 has already been tried and failed, so 50% chance of alternative 2 or 3.

(And if anybody is wondering/concerned ..., I'm not interested in soccer at all, just thought it was a fun-fact of the Brazil-Norway relationship)
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3920 Posts
Posted 12/02/2017   11:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll go with Answer #2, because there is no way that Norway has beaten Brazil that many times. Of course, if I'm wrong, I immediately change my answer to #3. Thanks for the great offers.

Edit. I go with Answer #3.
Edited by Partime - 12/02/2017 11:30 am
Pillar Of The Community
Norway
1661 Posts
Posted 12/02/2017   12:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Blaamand to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ha ha, your edit made the difference - you won!

How hilarious it might sound, the facts are Brazil has never beaten Norway whilst Norway has beaten them twice. Actually I've heard Brazil has no worse soccer record with any other nation, but I don't know if that's actually true. Nevertheless, it annoys all my Brazilian colleagues like hell, because they're all very much engaged in soccer. And it doesn't matter to me at all, because I couldn't care less about any soccer-related issue, and that makes my colleagues just furious....

Partime, I'll send you an email
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3920 Posts
Posted 12/02/2017   1:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the great offer. My three daughters were very much into soccer when they were younger, and my wife and I love to see the professionals play. Someday, I'll catch a game in England, just to see how exciting it really can be.

So sorry you have to leave Rio. What's your next destination?
Pillar Of The Community
Norway
1661 Posts
Posted 12/02/2017   1:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Blaamand to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your right, a proper soccer match might be exciting, at least when the crowd is 'active' like in UK, that's an experience!

I'm simply returning to Norway for some time off, I've one more term to do in Brazil in January and then I'm done here for good.

I'm glad you appreciate the stamps, hope the postcard arrives in sound condition. Fyi, the post office is closed now so I cannot apply a nice SOTN postmark manually, but hopefully the cancelling machine doesn't mess up the stamps too badly.
Jon
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1449 Posts
Posted 12/28/2017   12:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Renden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Contest #2 - Thanks Jon - nice postcard from Copacabana beach received this morning - with very nice Brasil 2015 stamps
Rene
Pillar Of The Community
Norway
1661 Posts
Posted 12/28/2017   7:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Blaamand to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your welcome Rene .
Considering the long delivery time (more than 3 weeks), I was starting to get worried the postcards were lost. Obviously your card was not, so probably simply delayed due to Xmas. Hopefully the others will get their postcards soon as well.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1449 Posts
Posted 12/28/2017   7:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Renden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They probably got it but you have not been informed yet !! and to re-find your post you have to do a search, under Blaamand and go into the Archives... LOL LOL !! Time goes fast here in North America - Yes !
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1719 Posts
Posted 01/04/2018   11:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jon - At last your lovely card from Ipanema with the attractive bird stamps arrived today (5th Jan). Thank you so much for the prize.
Pillar Of The Community
Norway
1661 Posts
Posted 01/05/2018   04:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Blaamand to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You're welcome.
I'm glad it arrived safely, after more than a month transit time! It seems the mail is not moving much faster nowadays than what it did in the time of the Tall ships...
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 2,850Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05