Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Austria : Stamps On Steiner Pages.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28376 Posts
Posted 12/06/2017   01:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Steiner Page 3.

Steiner Page 4.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28376 Posts
Posted 12/06/2017   02:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hodgepodge.

Pillar Of The Community
Norway
1661 Posts
Posted 12/06/2017   03:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Blaamand to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Rod, very nice indeed When seeing your well-filled pages I think my contribution can't have made much difference... it certainly doesn't look like a beginners collection

I really love those Linz local post, have not seen them before

It's depressing the post office didn't make some better postmarks on those blocks of 4, and sadly this seems normal everywhere these days. My fault anyway, as I posted the letter from a minor post office that doesn't have its own hammer, so I could not ensure myself it was done nicely. Will go to the main post office next time and grab that hammer myself!

Keep sharing!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28376 Posts
Posted 12/06/2017   06:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think my contribution can't have made much difference..

Your duplicates generally come in later years, Jon,
I am showing the easy stuff, 1965-1980
I have a Hagner of your early duplicates, I am sure there will be many gaps filled.

Even if 1 gap is filled, it is a triumph.

Steiner Page 5.

Steiner Page 6'

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28376 Posts
Posted 12/06/2017   06:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Steiner Page 7.

Steiner Page 8.
(Apologies upside down stamp)

Edited by rod222 - 12/06/2017 06:24 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
750 Posts
Posted 12/06/2017   08:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris2015 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

Those are some really beautiful modern stamps of Austria! I might have to consider amending my cut-off date for Austria. Thanks for showing

Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
Posted 12/06/2017   10:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jchrisler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am so impressed at this collection of stamps - Rod's stamps look so fresh and new and crisp - they almost glow on the pages of the album! It is a thing of great beauty, this collection - and I am under the impression that everything is indexed in a database as well, if so marvelous.

Unfortunately I must be patient and wait for those stamp tongs to arrive, but I can see that the stamps in your collection all seem to have perfect edges.

Thank you for sharing, Julie
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28376 Posts
Posted 12/06/2017   3:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Flattering remarks.
Thank you very much, Chris and Julie.
Page scans are there for information, and encouragement.

This era Austria, is very affordable, the trick is, to find a dealer / auction house / or Stamp Club, that sells "part collections"
Buying individual stamps off of eBay, is not the way to go (unless filling hard to get gaps)

I do cheat,
these are the results of, part collections I have bought, I replace the "bad and the ugly" as I go along, then sell off the duplicates.

If Austrian collectors saw my earlies pages, they would recoil in horror.

I consider this a "beginners collection" because very little study has been made by me, early days are basically filling gaps, as one studies more in-depth, then that may change.

This is really a budget collection, the mounts are second hand, and the "book ends" (The early issues, and the "back of book" are missing, or have huge voids)

"Blaamand" suggestion is applaudable, we should really pass our duplicates on to members within this forum.

I'll be giving away my Austrian duplicates in the near future, here on SCF.
as his legacy.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28376 Posts
Posted 12/06/2017   3:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Steiner Page 9.

Personal Page (Would be Steiner page 9A)

Steiner Page 10.

Pillar Of The Community
Norway
1661 Posts
Posted 12/06/2017   5:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Blaamand to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely

Love that 'personal' page with SOTN postmarks
Pillar Of The Community
United States
750 Posts
Posted 12/06/2017   6:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris2015 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
we should really pass our duplicates on to members within this forum.

I would vote for that
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28376 Posts
Posted 12/06/2017   7:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Steiner Page 16. (Sc#1042) CV $3.50

Sc#1042 (CTO=Cancelled to Order) Result of previous caretaker using "Photo Corners"

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28376 Posts
Posted 12/07/2017   02:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Steiner Page 11.

Steiner Page 12.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28376 Posts
Posted 12/07/2017   02:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Steiner Page 13.

(Not sure I agree with the Icon for the Pensioner's Assoc. ....The setting Sun)

Steiner Page 14.

Edited by rod222 - 12/07/2017 02:42 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28376 Posts
Posted 12/08/2017   2:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Steiner Page 15.

Steiner Page 17.

Steiner Page 18.

Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 2.9 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05