Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This Saudi Arabia 1916 Stamp Identified Correctly & Questions

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 5,436Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35828 Posts
Posted 12/08/2017   2:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Julie,
you may wish to post here what make/model you have scanner,
and we can have a look for you online.........

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
245 Posts
Posted 12/09/2017   02:52 am  Show Profile Check jchrisler's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jchrisler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rod, You said:

Quote:
Julie,
you may wish to post here what make/model you have scanner,
and we can have a look for you online.........

I am sorry it has taken me almost 24 hours to reply, I had to drive down to the bay area today, it ate up the whole day and then some. In the meantime, the scanner I have is an Epson XP-620 - it also says Expression Premium on the other side of the printer.

I will be happy to look it up in the morning, I am very tired right now from driving all day, so will file it until tomorrow. Thank you so much Rod for all your help and support. If you do not feel like looking this thing up please don't worry about it, I will do it tomorrow. Thank you, and good night :) Julie
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35828 Posts
Posted 12/09/2017   03:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Wow!

Looks like you can scan exactly the same as I...........

Perhaps not the same clarity...whom knows?

Here is the workshop manual
https://files.support.epson.com/doc...7/index.html

You may wish to download it.

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
245 Posts
Posted 12/09/2017   07:40 am  Show Profile Check jchrisler's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jchrisler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Rod,

Thank you so much for the copy of the user's guide for the epson 360 printer. I have spent some time going through it along with my printer, and I don't believe I have the capability to set the scan mode or at least it is not leaping out at me on the page how to set the scan mode for "professional mode" tonight.

When I bought the printer I was looking for a printer that would also print on a cd which this one will do. The printer has a lot of functions, maybe I gave up some precision for a wider variety of functions - I do not see a way to set the scan mode on this type of printer that I have here. This particular printer is rather small and compact, if there is a way to set the scan mode it is not showing up in the documentation for me.

I do not see any way to impact the quality of the image that the epson xp-620 scans in - that does not mean there isn't one, but if there is they are keeping it close to their vest and I am not finding it tonight.

Thank you for your heroic effort Rod, but I am thinking this is a futile effort and that the scan precision on my printer had to be given up for some reason or another by the printer manufacturers.

I will look this over again tomorrow morning when I am not so travel - worn and tired.

Thank you so much for everything Rod, you really do rock and you are super cool!! Thanks, Julie
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35828 Posts
Posted 06/04/2022   5:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thread bumped : Dormant 4 Years

Sc#L164 1925 Type A10 1.5 Piastre
I am assuming Forgery, or printer's waste?
(also light / soak damage)

Lacks the Overprint.
Welcome any observations, comments.

Edited by rod222 - 06/04/2022 5:33 pm
Valued Member
Egypt
123 Posts
Posted 06/05/2022   07:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mottaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
DEAR many stamps of Hegaz and Najed didnt listed in catalogs specialy many overprinted for postal use and revenues if you need any help for arabic I can help I read answers in a quick its all right a quick info for those stamps can be found on stampworld site I will post the link here also I will check for some photos and send also
https://www.stampworld.com/en/maps/Saudi-Arabia/
Valued Member
Egypt
123 Posts
Posted 06/05/2022   08:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mottaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
those is from my archive I owned them but I sold from about a year

all those are revenues the first one is one of the best its for taxes to help construct a train to help transport of piligrames to Mecca from different cities
the other photos is for revenue overprinted by the arabic government this form of overprint didnt found in any catalog although its original I saw it documented only once in an Auction also it got many different types with black or dark blue color the dark blue is more rare
Edited by mottaz - 06/05/2022 08:22 am
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 5,436Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05