Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Dec. 8 Quiz: How's Your Eye For Detail?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 1,306Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
Posted 12/08/2017   07:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add EdziuMM to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What country/entity issued the stamps with this detail on them?
Two points for the first person to correctly identify it; one point if we need to post an easier version Saturday.
4 -- Blaamand
2 5Studebaker, Glenn Estus; Jogil; Johan Buvelot; Stamperix; Yeapolska
1 -- Florian, NigelC

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
740 Posts
Posted 12/08/2017   08:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Austria
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
740 Posts
Posted 12/08/2017   08:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I correct Bosnia Hercegovina 1906 issue.
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
Posted 12/08/2017   10:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EdziuMM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
B&H it is!Johan Buvelot got the 2 points for being first.
See you again next Friday.
Scores so far:
4 -- Blaamand; Joan Buvelot
2 5Studebaker, Glenn Estus; Jogil; Stamperix; Yeapolska
1 -- Florian, NigelC
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
Posted 12/08/2017   10:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EdziuMM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oops! JOHAN Buvelot!
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
740 Posts
Posted 12/08/2017   10:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the correction of the name, but it was not necesarry.

Please give my points to Jogil, he can have them.

Also please remove me from the score all together, I wil no longer participate.

I answered out of fun and love for stamps nothing else.
Edited by Johan Buvelot - 12/08/2017 10:20 am
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3137 Posts
Posted 12/08/2017   10:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well done Johan,

I think this is a lovely stamp design. I have a copy in my collection but I did not recognise the detail and I have never realised how nicely engraved these side panels were.

I think one the great benefits of these boards is to see single stamps close up on the screen and to see their fine design and engraving.

My first thought was that the design would be Dutch but of course you would know that was not the case!
Nigel
Edited by nigelc - 12/08/2017 11:23 am
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
Posted 12/08/2017   12:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EdziuMM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So be it, Johan Buvelot! That's very gracious of you. But please don't stop looking at the quiz.
NigelC:
I too love the beauty of many stamps. In fact, I have scanned more than 2,000 of the stamps whose designs and/or details I admire so I can use them as a background slide show on my computer screen. I can even cast them to the huge high fidelity flat screen of our TV set. Many of them can thus be breathtaking -- like paintings on the walls.

Revised scores:
4 -- Blaamand; Jogil
2 5Studebaker, Glenn Estus; Stamperix; Yeapolska
1 -- Florian, NigelC
Pillar Of The Community
1375 Posts
Posted 12/08/2017   12:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperix to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Johan, this would be the second time after Jean-Paul Sartre in the year 1964 that someone would say "no" to such an honor. I think the GHMEaMBaFEMoPDiOSS (http://goscf.com/t/57762#503878) committee should not accept your decision.

---
three minutes too late...and just because I couldn't figure out how to put a link on a word in the text here...
Edited by stamperix - 12/08/2017 12:27 pm
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
Posted 12/08/2017   12:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EdziuMM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The GHMEaMBaFEMoPDiOSS Committee might consider awarding honorable mention declarations for such selfless acts.
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
740 Posts
Posted 12/08/2017   4:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I immidiatly knew what region it could be, by looking at the design of the border, it is so typical of Vienna Sezzesion. The designer is Kolom(an) Moser. One of the Co-founders of that movement. in a previous post I have shown and asked a question about a series he designed for the 1911 Wipa. Fabulous design and engraving.

I must unfortunately disappoint the committee upfront, I simply do not have any room on the mantelpiece left for anymore awards or honorable mentions.
Pillar Of The Community
3609 Posts
Posted 12/09/2017   09:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Johan Buvelot: I am sorry for any misunderstanding on my part for how this quiz works. It was not my intention to upset you. Obviously, I was wrong about the rules. I do not deserve to get any of your points from this above quiz. Please return back here to play this quiz. You would be missed on here.
Edited by jogil - 12/09/2017 09:26 am
Pillar Of The Community
Norway
1661 Posts
Posted 12/09/2017   12:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Blaamand to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I ecco jogil. Johan, please return to the quiz ! I believe we all participate for fun and love of stamps #128513; Even more fun with more people participating that loves stamps

Edmund, keep up the quiz!
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 1,306Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05