Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Counterfeit Currency, Anyone?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 2,483Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2022 Posts
Posted 01/04/2018   2:09 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Stamps1962 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
http://www.stampmagazine.co.uk/foru...2877#2284910

This is a link to a thread on the Forum on the website for UK's Stamp Magazine. I have reported this poster before, he just keeps putting this stuff out there using a once legitimate useful forum to hock illegal goods.

Clearly the magazine doesn't have anyone who checks what is appearing on their site. Just stunning.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
156 Posts
Posted 01/04/2018   4:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jimwentzell to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing, I can't believe this advertising was accepted!

Maybe it is a reverse sting type operation....authorities looking for willing participants to pass the buck, so to speak? Then spring the handcuffs on 'em!

--Jim Wentzell
stampguyaps177-681
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2022 Posts
Posted 01/04/2018   7:44 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I reported this post and others like it. I think they did pull the last one I reported but it looks like he came back and reported using the same ID. It seems evident nobody is screening this stuff.

I've been an off and on subscriber to SM over the years, and have been on the forum for the past several years. Julia Lee was the editor at one time and kept a pretty tight ship on this sort of thing, it is an old story, you see it on forums on sites for magazines and societies. They set up a forum then don't bother to check how it's being used and by whom.

I am not familiar with laws in the UK but I'd bet SM could get burned real bad on allowing something like this.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2022 Posts
Posted 01/05/2018   09:12 am  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Update, as of this morning it's still out there. I sent a second report to SM, I was not tactful.

I doubt it is a case of them accepting this solicitation, more a case of very poor management of their site/forum. They possibly have one staff member who is supposed to check regularly for these issues and that person is off this week, something like that. One more day- if this has not been taken down by then I plan to report this to the Feds.

They ought not have a forum if they cannot do better than this.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2022 Posts
Posted 01/05/2018   8:10 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's gone now. It sure took them their sweet time to pull it. No thank you, no acknowledgment, nothing.

Of course maybe they were embarrassed. I know I would be.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2567 Posts
Posted 01/06/2018   02:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your persistence!
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
Posted 01/10/2018   3:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add funbaldguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wish you'd have captured a screenshot. At least it's down...
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2022 Posts
Posted 01/30/2018   9:30 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Four more postings are back on that forum now. No screenshot but here's a paste of the first paragraph to give you a flavor:

Are you trying to change your nationality? do you need work papers? do you want to travel? do you need papers you cant have ?if yes , then you are in the right place at the right time.
Get A second Chance In Life with New Identity protect your privacy, build new credit history, bypass criminal background checks, take back your freedom . We are unique producers of Authentic High Quality FAKE and ORIGINAL Genuine Data Base Registered Citizenship documents like passports, Drivers Licenses, ID cards, Visa Stamps/sticker,Residence permit,Fake Visas, Fake School Diplomats/Degree and my other documents for countries like: USA,CANADA,UK,SCHENGEN COUNTRIES/EUROPEAN COUNTRIES,CHINA,JAPAN.... for refugees,Job seekers,Travelers,Tourist,immigrants and any other. Interested find contact below and make your request .We have the best HOLOGRAMS AND DUPLICATING MACHINES With thousands of our documents circulating over the world.

Three postings were made today. One has been on there since 12-9. I have now again reported these to the forum administrator, if in fact there is one.

I'd bet whomever is supposed to be checking forum content has fifty other assignments and doesn't bother. Stamp Magazine is complicit in financial crime by not monitoring this.

http://www.stampmagazine.co.uk/foru...h=119475&p=2
Edited by Stamps1962 - 01/30/2018 9:31 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 2,483Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.74 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05