Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Scott #321 OR #319, What Say You???

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
Posted 01/05/2018   3:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add reters67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I am a newbie and looking for some help on this US 2c Washington 1732-1799 stamp. Any thoughts if its a type 1 or type 2? I think type 2, and if its a Scott #319 or #321 or something else?

Thanks for your help.. ron

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
493 Posts
Posted 01/05/2018   4:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alub to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
clearly a #319, see:
http://www.theswedishtiger.com/319-scotts.html

Looks like a type I, but the photo is not clear enough to be sure.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3118 Posts
Posted 01/05/2018   4:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Based on recent threads, I think we should abolish "what say you?" from all titles.
Valued Member
United States
493 Posts
Posted 01/05/2018   4:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alub to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Based on recent threads, I think we should abolish "what say you?" from all titles.

Are you afraid of a long, drawn out, conversation as to if this is a Scott #321 with private perfs added to the top and bottom?

Valued Member
157 Posts
Posted 01/05/2018   7:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jmt406 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pic could be better; looks like possibly Carmine Type II, 319Fi (appears to have heavier mark in lower left corner, diagonal from "T" of "TWO")
United States
2 Posts
Posted 01/06/2018   08:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add reters67 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank your replies. It does look like the 319 in this pic.. http://www.theswedishtiger.com/319-scotts.html

ron
Learn More...
6683 Posts
Posted 01/06/2018   08:25 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Cyprus
8 Posts
Posted 05/23/2019   11:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andychr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Again Guys, not been on recently as suffered a heart attack, came across this post and would like your opinions on these.

was also looking at this article http://riversidestamps.com/Suspect3...-17-17.shtml
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6228 Posts
Posted 05/23/2019   12:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
reters67...Welcome to the forum buddy.

My American expertise is almost none existence..But there are lots of people here that can help you...Enjoy.

Robert
Valued Member
United States
379 Posts
Posted 05/23/2019   1:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rhett to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Andychr, glad you came through the heart attack ok! All 4 of the stamps you pictured are either sheet stamps with a straight edge or booklet stamps; they are not coils. So they are all varieties of Scott #319, the variety of each stamp depending on sheet vs booklet, type I vs type II, and color shade.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05